Can an expert please explain the following, all the documentation I
have read and especially the source code, has confused me.

What is the difference between SMC and SCC? Are there any practical
difference that I should be aware of?

How do I know what SIO CHANNEL an SMC/SCC controller is using? Or is
it the same thing?

When configured as a serial device, is there a command other that
iosFdShow that can be used to get more information regarding the
serial devices available?

Where can I find documentation on setting up and using the
PPC860SMC_CHAN and PP860SCC_CHAN (same thing?) call back structure?

Thanks a lot.