Listing all the message queue ids - VxWorks

This is a discussion on Listing all the message queue ids - VxWorks ; Is there any way to list all the message queue ids? I am developing a os health monitor tool in VxWorks 5.5.1 and a requirement is to display all the message queues and the their utilization. I have looked through ...

  1. Listing all the message queue ids

    Is there any way to list all the message queue ids? I am developing a
    os health monitor tool in VxWorks 5.5.1 and a requirement is to
    display all the message queues and the their utilization. I have
    looked through numerouse documents and have not been able to find a
    way to do so.

    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

  2. Re: Listing all the message queue ids

    Hi,
    By any chance did you try Show utility for message queues?(It has been
    quite sometime since I used this,I may not be correct,but believe its
    worth giving a try).

    Regards,
    s.subbarayan

  3. Re: Listing all the message queue ids

    ssubbarayan wrote:

    >Hi,
    >By any chance did you try Show utility for message queues?(It has been
    >quite sometime since I used this,I may not be correct,but believe its
    >worth giving a try).

    That was my first thought, too, so I looked up the msgQShow() man page
    and found that it expects a parameter that specifies the message queue
    about which to show information. There appears to be no way to list all
    of a system's message queues without forst knowing their IDs!

    | two, one and one make one."

  4. Re: Listing all the message queue ids

    On Mar 2, 12:45 am, "Michael R. Kesti" wrote:
    > ssubbarayan wrote:
    > >Hi,
    > >By any chance did you try Show utility for message queues?(It has been
    > >quite sometime since I used this,I may not be correct,but believe its
    > >worth giving a try).

    > That was my first thought, too, so I looked up the msgQShow() man page
    > and found that it expects a parameter that specifies the message queue
    > about which to show information. There appears to be no way to list all
    > of a system's message queues without forst knowing their IDs!
    >
    > --
    > Michael Kesti | "And like, one and one don't make
    > | two, one and one make one."
    > mrkesti at hotmail dot com | - The Who, Bargain

    I tried show() and other things like sysSymTbl with the symEach()
    command and was unable to find the message queues. vxWorks stores
    semId, mqids and taskIds as globals somewhere but I am unable to find
    that location. I could poll all the tasks and build a list of message
    queues and semaphore ids that a task is pending on but this is not a
    deterministic method and is prone to obvious errors.Even within the
    Tornado Browser tool there is no "show all system resources" uttility
    save for that of tasks.

+ Reply to Thread