Accessing CD-ROM in VxWorks-5.4/VxWorks-5.5 - VxWorks

This is a discussion on Accessing CD-ROM in VxWorks-5.4/VxWorks-5.5 - VxWorks ; Hi All, I am using Tornado-2.0/VxWorks-5.4 and also Tornado-2.2.1/ VxWorks-5.5.1. I am trying to access CD-ROM in VxWorks-5.x. For this, I did following things. 1) Created VxWorks image. Included CDROM-FS and ATA Hard drive components.(Modified ata resources table as required). ...

  1. Accessing CD-ROM in VxWorks-5.4/VxWorks-5.5

    Hi All,

    I am using Tornado-2.0/VxWorks-5.4 and also Tornado-2.2.1/
    VxWorks-5.5.1. I am trying to access CD-ROM in VxWorks-5.x. For
    this, I did following things.

    1) Created VxWorks image. Included CDROM-FS and ATA Hard drive
    components.(Modified ata resources table as required).
    2)After bringing up pcPentium target, executed the following commands
    in target shell to mount CD-ROM.

    ->cdromFsInit( )
    value=0=0x0
    ->pblk=ataDevCreate(1,1,0,0)
    new symbol "pblk" added to symbol table.
    pblk=0x1ffff31c: value=536867628 = 0x1ffff32c =p + 0x10
    ->cdromFsDevCreate("/cdrom",pblk)
    value= 536867160= 0x1ffff158
    ->devs
    drv name
    0 /null
    1 /tyCo/0
    1 /tyCo/1
    2 /pcConsole/0
    2 /pcConsole/1
    5 /fd0
    5 /ata0a
    8 host:
    9 /vio
    4 /cdrom
    value=25= 0x19
    ->ls "/cdrom"
    Can't open "/cdrom"
    value = -1 = 0xffffffff

    Even though it is possible to create an instance of CDROM and listed
    using "devs" command in the terminal, not able to mount it. I tried
    using blank CD as well as ISO 9960 format CD in CD-ROM.( Command ls-
    in addition to listing the contents of the media also mounts the
    device)

    Any pointers regarding mounting of CD-ROM connected to ATA interface
    is helpful. The CD-ROM has been tested as both master and slave
    connected to primary and also secondary controller. But, same result
    is observed in all cases in both VxWorks-5.4 and VxWorks-5.5.

    Please provide some pointers.

    -Thanks & Regards
    JM

  2. Re: Accessing CD-ROM in VxWorks-5.4/VxWorks-5.5

    On Feb 28, 1:18 pm, "JM" wrote:
    > Hi All,
    >
    > I am using Tornado-2.0/VxWorks-5.4 and also Tornado-2.2.1/
    > VxWorks-5.5.1. I am trying to access CD-ROM in VxWorks-5.x. For
    > this, I did following things.
    >
    > 1) Created VxWorks image. Included CDROM-FS and ATA Hard drive
    > components.(Modified ata resources table as required).
    > 2)After bringing up pcPentium target, executed the following commands
    > in target shell to mount CD-ROM.
    >
    > ->cdromFsInit( )
    > value=0=0x0
    > ->pblk=ataDevCreate(1,1,0,0)
    > new symbol "pblk" added to symbol table.
    > pblk=0x1ffff31c: value=536867628 = 0x1ffff32c =p + 0x10
    > ->cdromFsDevCreate("/cdrom",pblk)
    > value= 536867160= 0x1ffff158
    > ->devs
    > drv name
    > 0 /null
    > 1 /tyCo/0
    > 1 /tyCo/1
    > 2 /pcConsole/0
    > 2 /pcConsole/1
    > 5 /fd0
    > 5 /ata0a
    > 8 host:
    > 9 /vio
    > 4 /cdrom
    > value=25= 0x19
    > ->ls "/cdrom"
    > Can't open "/cdrom"
    > value = -1 = 0xffffffff
    >
    > Even though it is possible to create an instance of CDROM and listed
    > using "devs" command in the terminal, not able to mount it. I tried
    > using blank CD as well as ISO 9960 format CD in CD-ROM.( Command ls-
    > in addition to listing the contents of the media also mounts the
    > device)
    >
    > Any pointers regarding mounting of CD-ROM connected to ATA interface
    > is helpful. The CD-ROM has been tested as both master and slave
    > connected to primary and also secondary controller. But, same result
    > is observed in all cases in both VxWorks-5.4 and VxWorks-5.5.
    >
    > Please provide some pointers.
    >
    > -Thanks & Regards
    > JM

    Hi JM,

    I can give you a few things to try...

    What do you get for the following commands:

    ataShow (1,1)
    cdromFsVolConfigShow ("/cdrom")

    This may give you a few clues as to what is happening.

    Also, you could try to rebuild the ataDrv.c file with ATA_DEBUG
    defined. This should provide you with stacks of debug information to
    help you.

    HTH

    Ed

    Ed Liversidge