VxWorks boot problem - VxWorks

This is a discussion on VxWorks boot problem - VxWorks ; hi all, i am using vxworks 2.2 and tornado 5.5 for power pc 604 and SBS RL4 board i have got the board support package(BSP) for the sbs rl4 installed. when i try to boot the VxWorks the following shows ...

  1. VxWorks boot problem

    hi all,
    i am using vxworks 2.2 and tornado 5.5 for power pc 604 and
    SBS RL4 board
    i have got the board support package(BSP) for the sbs rl4
    installed.

    when i try to boot the VxWorks the following shows up on the
    hyperterminal....
    Attached TCP/IP interface to feio.
    Warning: no netmask specified.
    Attaching network interface lo0... done.
    Error loading file: errno = 0x3c.
    Can't load boot file!!

    [VxWorks Boot]:

    i found from many discussion sites that it could be a problem with the
    ETHERNET connection..
    i checked ETHERNET connection which seems alright..

    also observe that...
    ---> the boot parameters are not being shown
    ---> is that warning statement got to do anything with this problem.

    please let me know what the problem is.....

    thank you,
    wajape

  2. Re: VxWorks boot problem

    how is your ftp server set up?
    At the boot shell:
    p to print setup
    c to change setup

    On Feb 15, 1:27 am, v.a.waj...@gmail.com wrote:
    > hi all,
    > i am using vxworks 2.2 and tornado 5.5 for power pc 604 and
    > SBS RL4 board
    > i have got the board support package(BSP) for the sbs rl4
    > installed.
    >
    > when i try to boot the VxWorks the following shows up on the
    > hyperterminal....
    > Attached TCP/IP interface to feio.
    > Warning: no netmask specified.
    > Attaching network interface lo0... done.
    > Error loading file: errno = 0x3c.
    > Can't load boot file!!
    >
    > [VxWorks Boot]:
    >
    > i found from many discussion sites that it could be a problem with the
    > ETHERNET connection..
    > i checked ETHERNET connection which seems alright..
    >
    > also observe that...
    > ---> the boot parameters are not being shown
    > ---> is that warning statement got to do anything with this problem.
    >
    > please let me know what the problem is.....
    >
    > thank you,
    > wajape

  3. Re: VxWorks boot problem

    v.a.wajape@gmail.com wrote:
    > hi all,
    > i am using vxworks 2.2 and tornado 5.5 for power pc 604 and
    > SBS RL4 board
    > i have got the board support package(BSP) for the sbs rl4
    > installed.
    >
    > when i try to boot the VxWorks the following shows up on the
    > hyperterminal....
    > Attached TCP/IP interface to feio.
    > Warning: no netmask specified.
    > Attaching network interface lo0... done.
    > Error loading file: errno = 0x3c.
    > Can't load boot file!!
    >
    > [VxWorks Boot]:
    >
    > i found from many discussion sites that it could be a problem with the
    > ETHERNET connection..
    > i checked ETHERNET connection which seems alright..
    >
    > also observe that...
    > ---> the boot parameters are not being shown
    > ---> is that warning statement got to do anything with this problem.
    >
    > please let me know what the problem is.....
    >
    > thank you,
    > wajape

    Hi

    first you want to make sure that the FTP server is on the same subnet as
    your target. That the user has the correct permission in the FTP server
    and setup the home directory for that user correctly. That the file
    (vxWorks) does exist at the that location and accessible (use a ftp
    client to test it). That afile name in the boot parameter screen is
    relative to the home directory of the user (make sure the file exist
    there). finally, when entering the IP address also use the mask such as :

    net on ethernet (e) : 192.168.1.11:ffffff00

    (use your own IP address and the required mask).

    hope this helps.

    good luck.

  4. Re: VxWorks boot problem

    > Hi
    >
    > first you want to make sure that the FTP server is on the same subnet as
    > your target. That the user has the correct permission in the FTP server
    > and setup the home directory for that user correctly. That the file
    > (vxWorks) does exist at the that location and accessible (use a ftp
    > client to test it). That afile name in the boot parameter screen is
    > relative to the home directory of the user (make sure the file exist
    > there). finally, when entering the IP address also use the mask such as :
    >
    > net on ethernet (e) : 192.168.1.11:ffffff00
    >
    > (use your own IP address and the required mask).
    >
    > hope this helps.
    >
    > good luck.

    hi thanks,
    i did try with all the things u had said.....

    1. i checked the subnet mask.
    2. i did check up with the permissions...
    3. i did check for the boot file there.........
    everything is right..... but i still have the same problem....

    but i had 1 information missing to u all people...

    earlier i was using VxWorks ver 2.0.2 and at that time i did not face
    that problem....
    but now i have an upgrade of VxWorks of ver 2.2.1......
    now suddenly i have this problem with booting....
    SO BECAUSE OF THE CHANGE IN THE VERSION OF VXWORKS I AM USING, CAN
    THERE BE A POSSIBILITY OF THE BOOT ROM BEING CORRUPTED IN THE RL4
    BOARD....

    can any one please answer this....

+ Reply to Thread