How to find your own MAC address - VxWorks

This is a discussion on How to find your own MAC address - VxWorks ; Can someone please explain how to get the 6-byte ethernet MAC address assigned to an interface on my embedded board? I'm using an AMPRO LittleBoard 700. The closest thing I've found is to call etherAddrResolve and specify my own IP ...

  1. How to find your own MAC address

    Can someone please explain how to get the 6-byte ethernet MAC address
    assigned to an interface on my embedded board? I'm using an AMPRO
    LittleBoard 700. The closest thing I've found is to call
    etherAddrResolve and specify my own IP address but this seems a little
    much and presupposes an ARP server. Thanks for any help!!

  2. Re: How to find your own MAC address

    On Feb 9, 12:47 pm, jim.am...@hunttechnologies.com wrote:
    > Can someone please explain how to get the 6-byte ethernet MAC address
    > assigned to an interface on my embedded board? I'm using an AMPRO
    > LittleBoard 700. The closest thing I've found is to call
    > etherAddrResolve and specify my own IP address but this seems a little
    > much and presupposes an ARP server. Thanks for any help!!

    If you did not write the driver, you can use EIOCSADDR ioclt into your
    device.

+ Reply to Thread