pinging from host --problem - VxWorks

This is a discussion on pinging from host --problem - VxWorks ; hi, I am developing vxworks 5.5 BSP for EPB89712 BOARD. After porting the vxworks I wrote the END driver for CS8900A Ethernet controller. I could ping from target to host through target shell running in target. But when I ping ...

  1. pinging from host --problem

    hi,

    I am developing vxworks 5.5 BSP for EPB89712 BOARD.
    After porting the vxworks I wrote the END driver for CS8900A Ethernet
    controller. I could ping from target to host through target shell
    running in target. But when I ping from Host ( windows 2003) , the
    host is not getting any replies from target. what could be the
    problem.

    Thank You.

  2. Re: pinging from host --problem

    "kiran s" wrote:

    > But when I ping from Host ( windows 2003) , the
    > host is not getting any replies from target.

    I've seen the same with Windows; the firewall (or whatever else)
    was swallowing the ping replies. Booting Linux and pinging from
    there solved the problem.

    Cheers,

    Harald

+ Reply to Thread