data section misalignment ! please Help - VxWorks

This is a discussion on data section misalignment ! please Help - VxWorks ; Hi, I am developing Vxworks 5.5 BSP for EP89712 board . I am not using the Interface for development because I need to change the usrConfig.c . Now the problem is the Image vxworks.st works fine if I do not ...

  1. data section misalignment ! please Help

    Hi,

    I am developing Vxworks 5.5 BSP for EP89712 board . I am not using the
    Interface for development because I need to change the usrConfig.c .
    Now the problem is the Image vxworks.st works fine if I do not include
    the FTP package .
    But when I include the FTP package the data section misalignment error
    occurs.( the trapValue1 and trapValue2 do not contain the value that
    should have been , so it infinitely loops the while loop at the start
    of usrInit() function. ) What could be the problem. I am new to Bsp.

    And I have also written END driver for CIRRIUS LOGIC CS8900A. Receive
    and sending of packets is working but it fails in PING to windows
    system . What could be the problem.

    Thank You.

  2. Re: data section misalignment ! please Help

    kiran s wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am developing Vxworks 5.5 BSP for EP89712 board . I am not using the
    > Interface for development because I need to change the usrConfig.c .
    > Now the problem is the Image vxworks.st works fine if I do not include
    > the FTP package .
    > But when I include the FTP package the data section misalignment error
    > occurs.( the trapValue1 and trapValue2 do not contain the value that
    > should have been , so it infinitely loops the while loop at the start
    > of usrInit() function. ) What could be the problem. I am new to Bsp.

    This is a problem known to Wind River tech support. It's been resolved,
    and that's all I can recall. Check with them if you don't get a
    response here.

    > And I have also written END driver for CIRRIUS LOGIC CS8900A. Receive
    > and sending of packets is working but it fails in PING to windows
    > system . What could be the problem.
    >
    > Thank You.

+ Reply to Thread