vxworks version - VxWorks

This is a discussion on vxworks version - VxWorks ; Is there a library routine which returns the vxWorks version? I currently have two versions, 5.4 and 5.4, which I must maintain on similar instruments. My task is to download an executable from a PC via FTP to a PC104. ...

  1. vxworks version

    Is there a library routine which returns the vxWorks version? I
    currently have two versions, 5.4 and 5.4, which I must maintain on
    similar instruments. My task is to download an executable from a PC
    via FTP to a PC104. The PC104 will have either vxWorks 5.4 or vxWorks
    5.5 installed. The downloaded task must determine which is installed
    and send a message saying which to the PC. This will cause the PC to
    send different executables to the PC104.

    It is not possible to update all the instruments worldwide to vxWorks
    5.5.

    Thanks in advance,
    ed davenport

  2. Re: vxworks version

    edsorbit wrote:

    >Is there a library routine which returns the vxWorks version? I
    >currently have two versions, 5.4 and 5.4, which I must maintain on
    >similar instruments. My task is to download an executable from a PC
    >via FTP to a PC104. The PC104 will have either vxWorks 5.4 or vxWorks
    >5.5 installed. The downloaded task must determine which is installed
    >and send a message saying which to the PC. This will cause the PC to
    >send different executables to the PC104.
    >
    >It is not possible to update all the instruments worldwide to vxWorks
    >5.5.

    There is version() but, as its output is intended for human consumption
    via the shell, it's none too handy for programatic parsing. This example
    is from the OS Libraries API Reference:

    -> version
    VxWorks (for Mizar 7170) version 5.1
    Kernel: WIND version 2.1.
    Made on Tue Jul 27 20:26:23 CDT 1997.
    Boot line:
    enp(0,0)host:/usr/wpwr/target/config/mz7170/vxWorks e=90.0.0.50 h=90.0.0.4
    u=target
    value = 1 = 0x1

    >Thanks in advance,

    HTH

    | two, one and one make one."

  3. Re: vxworks version

    On Feb 6, 1:18 am, "edsorbit" wrote:
    > Is there a library routine which returns the vxWorks version? I
    > currently have two versions, 5.4 and 5.4, which I must maintain on
    > similar instruments. My task is to download an executable from a PC
    > via FTP to a PC104. The PC104 will have either vxWorks 5.4 or vxWorks
    > 5.5 installed. The downloaded task must determine which is installed
    > and send a message saying which to the PC. This will cause the PC to
    > send different executables to the PC104.
    >
    > It is not possible to update all the instruments worldwide to vxWorks
    > 5.5.

    Try using the function vxWorksVersion function from version.h

    Regards
    Johan

+ Reply to Thread