ifAddrSet Priblem : ErrorNo 0x6 please Help - VxWorks

This is a discussion on ifAddrSet Priblem : ErrorNo 0x6 please Help - VxWorks ; Hi, I am developing END driver for CS8900a controller for a standalone vxworks image. IpAttach is working but when i call isAddrSet then it is returning the error 0x6. DEFAULT_BOOT_LINE IS "89a(0,0)host:/usr/wpwr/target/config/template/vxWorks " \ "h=90.0.0.3 e=90.0.0.50:FFFFFF00 u=username tn=targetname o=" I ...

  1. ifAddrSet Priblem : ErrorNo 0x6 please Help

    Hi,
    I am developing END driver for CS8900a controller for a
    standalone vxworks image.
    IpAttach is working but when i call isAddrSet then it is
    returning the error 0x6.
    DEFAULT_BOOT_LINE IS
    "89a(0,0)host:/usr/wpwr/target/config/template/vxWorks " \
    "h=90.0.0.3 e=90.0.0.50:FFFFFF00 u=username tn=targetname o="

    I am calling ifAddrSet( "89a0" , "90.0.0.50")

    What could be the problem.

    Thank You.

  2. Re: ifAddrSet Priblem : ErrorNo 0x6 please Help

    On Jan 30, 12:55 am, "kiran s" wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I am developing END driver for CS8900a controller for a
    > standalone vxworks image.
    > IpAttach is working but when i call isAddrSet then it is
    > returning the error 0x6.
    > DEFAULT_BOOT_LINE IS
    > "89a(0,0)host:/usr/wpwr/target/config/template/vxWorks " \
    > "h=90.0.0.3 e=90.0.0.50:FFFFFF00 u=username tn=targetname o="
    >
    > I am calling ifAddrSet( "89a0" , "90.0.0.50")
    >
    > What could be the problem.

    My guess is that you're confusing ifLib by naming your device with
    leading digits.
    Try naming it "cs" and see if you have better luck.

    GV

  3. Re: ifAddrSet Priblem : ErrorNo 0x6 please Help

    On 30 Jan 2007, kiransnghc@gmail.com wrote:

    > I am developing END driver for CS8900a controller for a
    > standalone vxworks image.

    Um, I hope you don't mean what you said.

    "http://www.cirrus.com/en/support/drivers/ethernet/OS51.html"
    "http://www.cirrus.com/en/support/drivers/ethernet/OS60.html"

    Hopefully you used these as a base...

    fwiw,
    Bill Pringlemeir.

    --
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste
    good with ketchup.

    vxWorks FAQ, "http://www.xs4all.nl/~borkhuis/vxworks/vxworks.html"

  4. Re: ifAddrSet Priblem : ErrorNo 0x6 please Help

    Bill Pringlemeir wrote:
    > On 30 Jan 2007, kiransnghc@gmail.com wrote:
    >
    >> I am developing END driver for CS8900a controller for a
    >> standalone vxworks image.

    > Um, I hope you don't mean what you said.
    >
    > "http://www.cirrus.com/en/support/drivers/ethernet/OS51.html"
    > "http://www.cirrus.com/en/support/drivers/ethernet/OS60.html"
    >
    > Hopefully you used these as a base...
    >
    > fwiw,
    > Bill Pringlemeir.

    Umm...Hopefully he does not use those as a base

    /* Permission is hereby granted to licensees of pSOS+ to use or */
    /* abstract the following computer program for the sole purpose of */
    /* implementing their pSOS+ based software products. No other */
    /* rights to reproduce, use or disseminate this computer program, */
    /* whether in part or in whole, are granted.

  5. Re: ifAddrSet Priblem : ErrorNo 0x6 please Help

    On 30 Jan 2007, jeff@thecreems.com wrote:

    > Umm...Hopefully he does not use those as a base

    > /* Permission is hereby granted to licensees of pSOS+ to use or */
    > /* abstract the following computer program for the sole purpose of
    > */ /* implementing their pSOS+ based software products. No other */
    > /* rights to reproduce, use or disseminate this computer program, */
    > /* whether in part or in whole, are granted.

    That is only for the pSOS code, not the vxWorks modules. Also, pSOS
    is now owned by WRS.

    --
    I find this continuous feedback and interplay between pure mathematics
    and theoretical physics most fascinating. - Marco

    vxWorks FAQ, "http://www.xs4all.nl/~borkhuis/vxworks/vxworks.html"

+ Reply to Thread