sys82543BoardInit() from the gei8254End* driver - VxWorks

This is a discussion on sys82543BoardInit() from the gei8254End* driver - VxWorks ; Currently adding support for this driver to my PPC based vxWorks BSP (5.5) does anyone have a copy of the stub routine (sys82543BoardInit()) that I can take a look at? Theres little or no instructions bundled with the gei8254End* driver ...

  1. sys82543BoardInit() from the gei8254End* driver

    Currently adding support for this driver to my PPC based vxWorks BSP
    (5.5)

    does anyone have a copy of the stub routine (sys82543BoardInit()) that
    I can take a look at? Theres little or no instructions bundled with the
    gei8254End* driver source and I am seeing that a lot of the fields in
    the ADAPTER_INFO * arent even being used.

    I have written my own stub (after gathering the info from the eeprom the
    design team attached to the device ... ) but again I would love to see
    an example I can compare against - especially the
    intEnable/intConnect/intDisable fields ... which I thought should NOT
    exist but the driver doesnt make use of the vxWorks intEnable/intDisable
    etc

    confused!

    email addy:
    iam_shinobi a-t yahoo d-o-t com

  2. Re: sys82543BoardInit() from the gei8254End* driver

    On Jan 29, 6:05 pm, samiam wrote:
    > Currently adding support for this driver to my PPC based vxWorks BSP
    > (5.5)
    >
    > does anyone have a copy of the stub routine (sys82543BoardInit()) that
    > I can take a look at? Theres little or no instructions bundled with the
    > gei8254End* driver source and I am seeing that a lot of the fields in
    > the ADAPTER_INFO * arent even being used.
    >
    > I have written my own stub (after gathering the info from the eeprom the
    > design team attached to the device ... ) but again I would love to see
    > an example I can compare against - especially the
    > intEnable/intConnect/intDisable fields ... which I thought should NOT
    > exist but the driver doesnt make use of the vxWorks intEnable/intDisable
    > etc

    C:\Tornado-2.2.1\ppc\target\config>grep -r sysGei *
    prpmc800/sysGei82543End.c:/* sysGei82543End.c - Intel Pro1000 F/T
    Adapter END driver support routines */
    prpmc800/sysLib.c:# include "./sysGei82543End.c"
    wrSbc7410/sysLib.c:#include "sysGei82543End.c"
    wrSbc7410/target.nr:sysGei82543End.c|"gei" driver glue module

    HTH
    GV

+ Reply to Thread