tywrite is blocking. - VxWorks

This is a discussion on tywrite is blocking. - VxWorks ; Hello, I am using printf in my code. It is internally calling tywrite to write the data and it got stuck while taking a semaphore. Here is the callstack. 0x00c65eac -> printf + 0x88 0x00c66538 -> fioFormatV + 0xb4 0x00c673d8 ...

  1. tywrite is blocking.

    Hello,

    I am using printf in my code. It is internally calling
    tywrite to write the data and it got stuck while taking a semaphore.
    Here is the callstack.

    0x00c65eac -> printf + 0x88
    0x00c66538 -> fioFormatV + 0xb4
    0x00c673d8 -> printbuf + 0x30
    0x00c29178 -> write + 0x10
    0x00c2a700 -> iosWrite + 0xd0
    0x00c61e04 -> tyWrite + 0x6c
    0x00c54884 -> semTake + 0x140
    0x00c53cfc -> semBTake + 0x190

    Can some body explain meaning of the above callstack and why
    tywrite is blocking on a semaphore.

    Thanks,
    Nari.

  2. Re: tywrite is blocking.

    On Jan 29, 11:34 am, "nari" wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I am using printf in my code. It is internally calling
    > tywrite to write the data and it got stuck while taking a semaphore.
    > Here is the callstack.
    >
    > 0x00c65eac -> printf + 0x88
    > 0x00c66538 -> fioFormatV + 0xb4
    > 0x00c673d8 -> printbuf + 0x30
    > 0x00c29178 -> write + 0x10
    > 0x00c2a700 -> iosWrite + 0xd0
    > 0x00c61e04 -> tyWrite + 0x6c
    > 0x00c54884 -> semTake + 0x140
    > 0x00c53cfc -> semBTake + 0x190
    >
    > Can some body explain meaning of the above callstack and why
    > tywrite is blocking on a semaphore.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Nari.

    The driver that tyWrite is trying to use is a shared resource. It is
    protected by semaphores.

    Mike

+ Reply to Thread