hooking into the transmit and receive character interrupt chain - VxWorks

This is a discussion on hooking into the transmit and receive character interrupt chain - VxWorks ; fellow embedded software engineers, can someone point me to the documentation that describes how to setup the table of callback functions used by VxWorks interrupt mechanism when a receive/transmit buffer is ready? (void *)smcTbl[x].pSMC1->getTxChar = (void *)myTxChar; a tutorial style ...

  1. hooking into the transmit and receive character interrupt chain

    fellow embedded software engineers,

    can someone point me to the documentation that describes how to setup
    the table of callback functions used by VxWorks interrupt mechanism
    when a receive/transmit buffer is ready?

    (void *)smcTbl[x].pSMC1->getTxChar = (void *)myTxChar;

    a tutorial style document would be ideal, as my familiarity is with
    straightforward RAW character devices and functions like read, write,
    and ioctl from Linux.

    thanks!

  2. Re: hooking into the transmit and receive character interrupt chain

    "lucasrangit" wrote in message
    news:1169858353.956073.223320@h3g2000cwc.googlegro ups.com...
    > fellow embedded software engineers,
    >
    > can someone point me to the documentation that describes how to setup
    > the table of callback functions used by VxWorks interrupt mechanism
    > when a receive/transmit buffer is ready?

    look in the 'src' serial drivers for the source to your serial
    chip's driver.

    lee

+ Reply to Thread