How find NULL point derefernce in MPC8245 - VxWorks

This is a discussion on How find NULL point derefernce in MPC8245 - VxWorks ; Hi All, My development envieroment is TORNADO 2.2 + vxworks 5.5. I am checking some old code writen two years ago. I found there is a NULL point dereference in current code. After I correct this problem, I check the ...

  1. How find NULL point derefernce in MPC8245

    Hi All,

    My development envieroment is TORNADO 2.2 + vxworks 5.5.
    I am checking some old code writen two years ago.
    I found there is a NULL point dereference in current code.
    After I correct this problem, I check the memory content of 0x0000000,
    the problem still exists.
    I suspect it 's still the NULL pointer problem.

    How I find out the code attempting written to 0x0000000.?

    How find NULL point derefernce in MPC8245

  2. Re: How find NULL point derefernce in MPC8245

    VxWorks got a nprShow utility to use.

    On 1月23日, 下午2时31分, "Jeffery Ren" wrote:
    > Hi All,
    >
    > My development envieroment is TORNADO 2.2 + vxworks 5.5.
    > I am checking some old code writen two years ago.
    > I found there is a NULL point dereference in current code.
    > After I correct this problem, I check the memory content of 0x0000000,
    > the problem still exists.
    > I suspect it 's still the NULL pointer problem.
    >
    > How I find out the code attempting written to 0x0000000.?
    >
    > How find NULL point derefernce in MPC8245

  3. Re: How find NULL point derefernce in MPC8245

    Your best bet wil be use hardware debugger , and put memory watch on
    00000 address

    On Jan 22, 11:31 pm, "Jeffery Ren" wrote:
    > Hi All,
    >
    > My development envieroment is TORNADO 2.2 + vxworks 5.5.
    > I am checking some old code writen two years ago.
    > I found there is a NULL point dereference in current code.
    > After I correct this problem, I check the memory content of 0x0000000,
    > the problem still exists.
    > I suspect it 's still the NULL pointer problem.
    >
    > How I find out the code attempting written to 0x0000000.?
    >
    > How find NULL point derefernce in MPC8245

  4. Re: How find NULL point derefernce in MPC8245

    Jeffery Ren wrote:
    > Hi All,
    >
    > My development envieroment is TORNADO 2.2 + vxworks 5.5.
    > I am checking some old code writen two years ago.
    > I found there is a NULL point dereference in current code.
    > After I correct this problem, I check the memory content of 0x0000000,
    > the problem still exists.
    > I suspect it 's still the NULL pointer problem.
    >
    > How I find out the code attempting written to 0x0000000.?
    >

    > How find NULL point derefernce in MPC8245

    Hi,

    on PPC 405, I successfully used a 32-byte (cache-line) data breakpoint
    supported by this chip's specific VxWorks adaption.

    You can set it from shell or from the code itself by using the bh() routine.

    Check your hw-specific VxWorks docs for a similar feature.

    Friedrich Ensslin

+ Reply to Thread