general debuging question - VxWorks

This is a discussion on general debuging question - VxWorks ; Hello, Using vxworks 5.x with tornado 2.2, sometimes i've really some real problem to debug my application (using printf f.e)! any one have an up dated / tested solution to improve debuging in this situation ? does gnu dbg works ...

  1. general debuging question

    Hello,
    Using vxworks 5.x with tornado 2.2, sometimes i've really some real
    problem to debug my application (using printf f.e)! any one have an up
    dated / tested solution to improve debuging in this situation ? does gnu
    dbg works with vxworks ? i read some workarround about this subject, but
    it seems to work only with gdb 5.5.
    Any one can help please.
    Best regards.

    gpg.

  2. Re: general debuging question

    If you've got a copy of tornado, you have a gdb that works with your
    target and the target server that communicates with it. You can start
    the tornado debugger (or gdb-ppc or whatever tgt you use from the
    command line). The general requirements are a) Include the WTX debug
    protocol in your kernel, and select the comm mechanism (serial, rpc,
    net etc). b) Create a target server that specifies the net params and
    other details of the board you are using, and c) start the debugger,
    asking it to hook to the desired target.

    There are a lot of variations. For example, if your image/app just
    boot of flash, you might have to manually set a breakpoint from the
    shell in the task you want to debug, then after it breaks, attach to
    the task using the debugger. You could also download via the debugger.

    My suggestions is to sit with someone who's used it before - there are
    a lot of simple things that can go wrong.

    lc

    gpg wrote:
    > Hello,
    > Using vxworks 5.x with tornado 2.2, sometimes i've really some real
    > problem to debug my application (using printf f.e)! any one have an up
    > dated / tested solution to improve debuging in this situation ? does gnu
    > dbg works with vxworks ? i read some workarround about this subject, but
    > it seems to work only with gdb 5.5.
    > Any one can help please.
    > Best regards.
    >
    > gpg.

  3. Re: general debuging question

    You might also consider using logMsg - it's as simple as printf, but
    the io takes place in a different task and it can be used in ISRs.

    lc
    gpg wrote:
    > Hello,
    > Using vxworks 5.x with tornado 2.2, sometimes i've really some real
    > problem to debug my application (using printf f.e)! any one have an up
    > dated / tested solution to improve debuging in this situation ? does gnu
    > dbg works with vxworks ? i read some workarround about this subject, but
    > it seems to work only with gdb 5.5.
    > Any one can help please.
    > Best regards.
    >
    > gpg.

  4. Re: general debuging question

    Hi LarryC,
    One question here,
    How could I access the log recorded by tLogTask you mentioned? Thanks!

    On 1月23日, 上午3时26分, "LarryC" wrote:
    > You might also consider using logMsg - it's as simple as printf, but
    > the io takes place in a different task and it can be used in ISRs.
    >
    > lc
    >

    > gpg wrote:
    > > Hello,
    > > Using vxworks 5.x with tornado 2.2, sometimes i've really some real
    > > problem to debug my application (using printf f.e)! any one have an up
    > > dated / tested solution to improve debuging in this situation ? does gnu
    > > dbg works with vxworks ? i read some workarround about this subject, but
    > > it seems to work only with gdb 5.5.
    > > Any one can help please.
    > > Best regards.

    > > gpg.- 隐藏被引用文字 -- 显示引用的文字 -

  5. Re: general debuging question

    If you have your serial terminal ( like hyperterminal, minicom etc)
    connected, all log messages will be printed on monitor

    Ranga

    On Jan 24, 9:30*am, "jeanwelly" wrote:
    > Hi LarryC,
    > One question here,
    > How could I access the log recorded by tLogTask you mentioned? Thanks!
    >
    > On 1鏈23鏃, 涓婂崍3鏃26鍒, "LarryC" wrote:
    >

    > > You might also consider using logMsg - it's as simple as printf, but
    > > the io takes place in a different task and it can be used in ISRs.

    > > lc

    > > gpg wrote:
    > > > Hello,
    > > > Using vxworks 5.x with tornado 2.2, sometimes i've really some real
    > > > problem to debug my application (using printf f.e)! any one have an up
    > > > dated / tested solution to improve debuging in this situation ? does gnu
    > > > dbg works with vxworks ? i read some workarround about this subject, but
    > > > it seems to work only with gdb 5.5.
    > > > Any one can help please.
    > > > Best regards.

    > > > gpg.- 闅愯棌琚紩鐢ㄦ枃*-- 鏄剧ず寮曠敤鐨勬枃* -- Hidequoted text -- Show quoted text -

  6. Re: general debuging question

    > If you've got a copy of tornado, you have a gdb that works with your
    > target and the target server that communicates with it. You can start
    > the tornado debugger (or gdb-ppc or whatever tgt you use from the
    > command line).
    > lc

    Hi, I am also using tornado on a PPC device (MPC5200B), I need to know
    if i can start the debugger using a command in the shell. I have tried
    gdb-ppc, vxgdb, gdb they dont work . I want to use the debugger
    commands to debug my code!

    Is there an option to spawn the debugger using a command in tshell?
    Please help.
    ~ Praveen Mayakar

+ Reply to Thread