Create VxWorks Image Project fails (Workbench 2.4) - VxWorks

This is a discussion on Create VxWorks Image Project fails (Workbench 2.4) - VxWorks ; We're begining to migrate from Tornado 2.2/VxWorks 5.5 to Workbench 2.4/VxWorks 6.2. I'm having a problem creating VxWorks Image projects, I've searched the SPR system at windriver.com but haven't found any reports of this issue. What happens is: Select file->New->Project, ...

  1. Create VxWorks Image Project fails (Workbench 2.4)

    We're begining to migrate from Tornado 2.2/VxWorks 5.5 to Workbench 2.4/VxWorks
    6.2. I'm having a problem creating VxWorks Image projects, I've searched the
    SPR system at windriver.com but haven't found any reports of this issue.

    What happens is:

    Select file->New->Project, then select "VxWorks Image Project" and click
    "Next"

    The following appears in the workbench Error Log pane:

    Unhandled event loop exception org.eclipse.ui
    java.lang.NullPointerException org.eclipse.ui

    The same errors occur if I try to "import existing VxWorks image project into
    workspace"; I select the project file (provided with the BSP), click "Finish"
    in the Static Analysis dialog, and the same error messages occur.

    Can anyone suggest what the problem could be, please? Could this be down to an
    incomplete installation?

    Any suggestions appreciated.

    TIA,

    Eddy

  2. Re: Create VxWorks Image Project fails (Workbench 2.4)

    Eddy Younger wrote:
    > We're begining to migrate from Tornado 2.2/VxWorks 5.5 to Workbench 2.4/VxWorks
    > 6.2. I'm having a problem creating VxWorks Image projects, I've searched the
    > SPR system at windriver.com but haven't found any reports of this issue.
    >
    > What happens is:
    >
    > Select file->New->Project, then select "VxWorks Image Project" and click
    > "Next"
    >
    > The following appears in the workbench Error Log pane:
    >
    > Unhandled event loop exception org.eclipse.ui
    > java.lang.NullPointerException org.eclipse.ui
    >

    > The same errors occur if I try to "import existing VxWorks image project into
    > workspace"; I select the project file (provided with the BSP), click "Finish"
    > in the Static Analysis dialog, and the same error messages occur.
    >
    > Can anyone suggest what the problem could be, please? Could this be down to an
    > incomplete installation?

    If you double-click on the error in the error log view, an Event
    Details dialog will appear.
    In the Message: portion of the dialog, you can scroll through the
    output of the failed project creation...
    This will usually lead you straight to the problem.
    If the error messages are too obtuse, open a vxWorks 6.2 shell and
    build the BSP from the command line.
    Once the BSP builds from the shell, it will almost always generate a
    VIP without error.
    If all that fails, the Event details dialog allows you to copy all the
    details to the Windows clipboard.
    Then you can paste it into an email to send to Wind River support.

    HTH,
    GV

  3. Re: Create VxWorks Image Project fails (Workbench 2.4)

    Please confirm that you have installed first Workbench and then
    vxworks.
    The log file is generated in the WindRiver Folder.
    You can read that and understand why the project creation is failing.

    Raj

    gvarndell wrote:
    > Eddy Younger wrote:
    > > We're begining to migrate from Tornado 2.2/VxWorks 5.5 to Workbench 2.4/VxWorks
    > > 6.2. I'm having a problem creating VxWorks Image projects, I've searched the
    > > SPR system at windriver.com but haven't found any reports of this issue.
    > >
    > > What happens is:
    > >
    > > Select file->New->Project, then select "VxWorks Image Project" and click
    > > "Next"
    > >
    > > The following appears in the workbench Error Log pane:
    > >
    > > Unhandled event loop exception org.eclipse.ui
    > > java.lang.NullPointerException org.eclipse.ui
    > >

    > > The same errors occur if I try to "import existing VxWorks image project into
    > > workspace"; I select the project file (provided with the BSP), click "Finish"
    > > in the Static Analysis dialog, and the same error messages occur.
    > >
    > > Can anyone suggest what the problem could be, please? Could this be down to an
    > > incomplete installation?

    > If you double-click on the error in the error log view, an Event
    > Details dialog will appear.
    > In the Message: portion of the dialog, you can scroll through the
    > output of the failed project creation...
    > This will usually lead you straight to the problem.
    > If the error messages are too obtuse, open a vxWorks 6.2 shell and
    > build the BSP from the command line.
    > Once the BSP builds from the shell, it will almost always generate a
    > VIP without error.
    > If all that fails, the Event details dialog allows you to copy all the
    > details to the Windows clipboard.
    > Then you can paste it into an email to send to Wind River support.
    >
    > HTH,
    > GV

  4. Re: Create VxWorks Image Project fails (Workbench 2.4)

    "Raj" writes:

    > Please confirm that you have installed first Workbench and then
    > vxworks.
    > The log file is generated in the WindRiver Folder.
    > You can read that and understand why the project creation is failing.

    You're correct. It appears VxWorks support has not been installed.
    Thanks for the pointer - I'd just assumed this had been done correctly.

    Eddy

+ Reply to Thread