why missing byte from serial port - VxWorks

This is a discussion on why missing byte from serial port - VxWorks ; Hi all, My board's CPU is s3c4510b(Tornado2.2), i found when reading lots of data from serial port 1(56000bps), always miss some bytes, but if i suspend tNetTask, it works fine. At first, i disable the miiPhyMonitor function in \src\drv\end\miiLib.ctarget, but ...

  1. why missing byte from serial port

    Hi all,
    My board's CPU is s3c4510b(Tornado2.2), i found when reading lots
    of data from serial port 1(56000bps), always miss some bytes, but if i
    suspend tNetTask, it works fine.
    At first, i disable the miiPhyMonitor function in
    \src\drv\end\miiLib.ctarget, but it is ineffective.
    And then i disable the END driver in BSP, but also has no effect.
    i surmie that tNetTask affects the interrupt of serial port,
    Do you have any ideas?

    Thanks in Advance!

    Regards,
    Zhangzr

  2. Re: why missing byte from serial port

    Can you check the priorities of your tasks?

    zhangzr@gmail.com wrote:
    > Hi all,
    > My board's CPU is s3c4510b(Tornado2.2), i found when reading lots
    > of data from serial port 1(56000bps), always miss some bytes, but if i
    > suspend tNetTask, it works fine.
    > At first, i disable the miiPhyMonitor function in
    > \src\drv\end\miiLib.ctarget, but it is ineffective.
    > And then i disable the END driver in BSP, but also has no effect.
    > i surmie that tNetTask affects the interrupt of serial port,
    > Do you have any ideas?
    >
    > Thanks in Advance!
    >

    > Regards,
    > Zhangzr

  3. Re: why missing byte from serial port

    The priority of my task is 115. If I disable the other my tasks, serial
    port is still missing bytes:-(

    "Raj д
    "
    > Can you check the priorities of your tasks?
    >
    > zhangzr@gmail.com wrote:
    > > Hi all,
    > > My board's CPU is s3c4510b(Tornado2.2), i found when reading lots
    > > of data from serial port 1(56000bps), always miss some bytes, but if i
    > > suspend tNetTask, it works fine.
    > > At first, i disable the miiPhyMonitor function in
    > > \src\drv\end\miiLib.ctarget, but it is ineffective.
    > > And then i disable the END driver in BSP, but also has no effect.
    > > i surmie that tNetTask affects the interrupt of serial port,
    > > Do you have any ideas?
    > >
    > > Thanks in Advance!
    > >

    > > Regards,
    > > Zhangzr