SW Crash Analysis - Instruction Access Exception - VxWorks

This is a discussion on SW Crash Analysis - Instruction Access Exception - VxWorks ; Hello, I have the following output on the TShell --------------------------------------------------------------------- instruction access Exception next instruction address: 0xcc33cc30 Machine Status Register: 0x4000b030 Condition Register: 0x2000c084 Task: 0x5797fa0 "FirmwareProgramming" --------------------------------------------------------------------- I have spawned a task named "FirmwareProgramming". It crashes for unknown reason ...

  1. SW Crash Analysis - Instruction Access Exception

    Hello,

    I have the following output on the TShell

    instruction access
    Exception next instruction address: 0xcc33cc30
    Machine Status Register: 0x4000b030
    Condition Register: 0x2000c084
    Task: 0x5797fa0 "FirmwareProgramming"

    I have spawned a task named "FirmwareProgramming". It crashes for
    unknown reason only sometimes. Is the above information useful for
    error analysis ? How can I track down to the line of code where the
    problem occurred ?

    Or does it just say "access to 0xcc33cc30 no allowed" ?

    Regards
    Enie

  2. Re: SW Crash Analysis - Instruction Access Exception

    Hi:

    Type tt in the shell and you'll get a task trace and the addres of the
    crash. Still could be a problem. Obviously, somewhere in
    FirmwareProgramming called something that jumped to a bad address. The
    trace might give you a hint where it was.

    If you needed help matching up with source, you'll have to either step
    or use the Tornado "show mixed", or use objdumpppc on the link output
    to see where stuff is (after seeing where FirmwareProgramming was
    loaded in memory.

    Good luck,
    lc
    Enie45 wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I have the following output on the TShell

    > instruction access
    > Exception next instruction address: 0xcc33cc30
    > Machine Status Register: 0x4000b030
    > Condition Register: 0x2000c084
    > Task: 0x5797fa0 "FirmwareProgramming"
    >
    > I have spawned a task named "FirmwareProgramming". It crashes for
    > unknown reason only sometimes. Is the above information useful for
    > error analysis ? How can I track down to the line of code where the
    > problem occurred ?
    >
    > Or does it just say "access to 0xcc33cc30 no allowed" ?
    >
    > Regards
    > Enie

  3. Re: SW Crash Analysis - Instruction Access Exception

    Hi,

    I have got similar "Instruction Access" exception. But unfortunately this happened on remote system where I could not get task traces (tt).

    instruction access
    Exception next instruction address: 0x006a9e5c
    Machine Status Register: 0x4000b032
    Condition Register: 0x20000082
    Task: 0xf2ab5f0 "bcmLINK.0

    The assembly code at this memory shows an "or" operation.

    0x6a9e5c 7f64db78 or r4,r27,r27

    Can any one let me know the reason for this exception and under which conditions this exception may raise?

+ Reply to Thread