WindML windowing application triggers IRQ5 randomly - VxWorks

This is a discussion on WindML windowing application triggers IRQ5 randomly - VxWorks ; Hi everyone, As part of a school project, were making a cruisecontrol system based on VxWorks v6.3, which is programmed for a pentium platform. Part of this project includes playing around with the Windriver Media Library. A strange error occurs ...

  1. WindML windowing application triggers IRQ5 randomly

    Hi everyone,

    As part of a school project, were making a cruisecontrol system based
    on VxWorks v6.3, which is programmed for a pentium platform.

    Part of this project includes playing around with the Windriver Media
    Library.

    A strange error occurs though.

    Sometimes (i random intervals) the thread, created when the
    winAppCreate UGL function is called, runs it generates an interrupt on
    IRQ5. Since we use IRQ5 to calculate the vehicle speed, this is not
    very desirable

    The "extra" interrupt is easy to spot when using the System Viewer. If
    we set our vehicle speed to a constant speed, you can see the
    interrupt5 triggering at the vehicle frequency. But as mentioned, som
    random triggering occours every now and the when the winApp is
    updating the display.

    Does anyone got any experience with this?
    Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

    Regard,
    Lars Udengaard

    Engineering College of Aarhus

  2. Re: WindML windowing application triggers IRQ5 randomly

    Hi again,

    I have found out, that the problem also exists with the WindML winBall
    example.

    Running this ISR hookup, before running the winBall() function,
    produces the exact same type of error. A random interrupt (SW i guess)
    is generated, when HW interrupt IRQ5 is otherwise running. The random
    interrupt only occurs when the winBall-thread (winApp-thread) is
    running.

    ISR-hookup:
    void BallTest()
    {
    intConnect(INUM_TO_IVEC(32+5), (VOIDFUNCPTR)testISR, 0);
    sysIntEnablePIC((unsigned char)5);

    winBall();

    while(true) taskDelay(100);
    }

    Anyone got any ideas?

    On 10 Jun., 18:05, l...@udengaard.org wrote:
    > Hi everyone,
    >
    > As part of a school project, were making a cruisecontrol system based
    > on VxWorks v6.3, which is programmed for a pentium platform.
    >
    > Part of this project includes playing around with the Windriver Media
    > Library.
    >
    > A strange error occurs though.
    >
    > Sometimes (i random intervals) the thread, created when the
    > winAppCreate UGL function is called, runs it generates an interrupt on
    > IRQ5. Since we use IRQ5 to calculate the vehicle speed, this is not
    > very desirable
    >
    > The "extra" interrupt is easy to spot when using the System Viewer. If
    > we set our vehicle speed to a constant speed, you can see the
    > interrupt5 triggering at the vehicle frequency. But as mentioned, som
    > random triggering occours every now and the when the winApp is
    > updating the display.
    >
    > Does anyone got any experience with this?
    > Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    >
    > Regard,
    > Lars Udengaard
    >
    > Engineering College of Aarhus

+ Reply to Thread