Edit text files - VxWorks

This is a discussion on Edit text files - VxWorks ; Hi, I'm working with VxWorks version 5.5 embedded in a board with a PowerPC 860. The communication between my computer and the PowerPC is via serial port. I need to modify some text files in the this board but I ...

  1. Edit text files

    Hi,

    I'm working with VxWorks version 5.5 embedded in a board with a PowerPC
    860. The communication between my computer and the PowerPC is via
    serial port. I need to modify some text files in the this board but I
    don't know how. Have the VxWorks some text editor like vi or nano? This
    board that I'm using is a prototype from another enterprise then a
    can't modify it, the only way to access its configurations is via
    serial port.

    Thanks.

  2. Re: Edit text files

    Hi:

    No editors built in. Where are the files stored? Are they in a file
    system you can export or in a flash image of a ram drive that you can
    replace via FTP and write back out?

    lc

    Bücker wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm working with VxWorks version 5.5 embedded in a board with a PowerPC
    > 860. The communication between my computer and the PowerPC is via
    > serial port. I need to modify some text files in the this board but I
    > don't know how. Have the VxWorks some text editor like vi or nano? This
    > board that I'm using is a prototype from another enterprise then a
    > can't modify it, the only way to access its configurations is via
    > serial port.
    >
    > Thanks.

+ Reply to Thread