How to acess the sata hard disc - VxWorks

This is a discussion on How to acess the sata hard disc - VxWorks ; hi i am writing device driver program for sata hard disc. i want to acess this device from x86 machine (host) to client which is having sata hard disc.How can i boot the client hard disc from the host through ...

  1. How to acess the sata hard disc

    hi
    i am writing device driver program for sata hard disc.
    i want to acess this device from x86 machine (host) to client which is
    having sata hard disc.How can i boot the client hard disc from the host
    through ethernet card ?
    plz... help me

    regards
    padma priya dharishini

  2. Re: How to acess the sata hard disc

    If you are booting (vxWorks?) over the network, then your choices are
    fairly limited - ftp, tftp, or bootp are available in the boot rom -
    anything more exotic you'll have to write yourself.

    Good luck,
    lc
    papi wrote:
    > hi
    > i am writing device driver program for sata hard disc.
    > i want to acess this device from x86 machine (host) to client which is
    > having sata hard disc.How can i boot the client hard disc from the host
    > through ethernet card ?
    > plz... help me
    >
    > regards
    > padma priya dharishini

  3. Re: How to acess the sata hard disc

    well thanks Mr/Miss Lc..
    There is a mistake in my message. I want to acess the Sata Hard disc
    which is i my client system from my host pc, and i am thinking through
    ether net...
    Is there any better way to acess the Hard disc?....
    Plz.... help me
    regards
    papi
    mciummo@gmail.com wrote:
    > If you are booting (vxWorks?) over the network, then your choices are
    > fairly limited - ftp, tftp, or bootp are available in the boot rom -
    > anything more exotic you'll have to write yourself.
    >
    > Good luck,
    > lc
    > papi wrote:
    > > hi
    > > i am writing device driver program for sata hard disc.
    > > i want to acess this device from x86 machine (host) to client which is
    > > having sata hard disc.How can i boot the client hard disc from the host
    > > through ethernet card ?
    > > plz... help me
    > >
    > > regards
    > > padma priya dharishini