Handling Exception in VxWorks - VxWorks

This is a discussion on Handling Exception in VxWorks - VxWorks ; I get the infamous : ========== Exception at interrupt level: program Exception current instruction address: 0x0012039c Machine Status Register: 0x00083000 Condition Register: 0x4400842c Regs at 0x189b28 ========= 1-Can anyone remind me of WindRiver Tool that might check the linker objs ...

  1. Handling Exception in VxWorks

    I get the infamous :
    ==========
    =========

    1-Can anyone remind me of WindRiver Tool that might check the linker
    objs
    so I trace the routine and area of code causing this ?
    Some disassembler tool ?
    2-Also where can I modify this routine to display Task Name ect...

    MegaThanks

  2. Re: Handling Exception in VxWorks

    placidite1@yahoo.com wrote:

    >I get the infamous :
    >==========
    >Exception at interrupt level:
    >program
    >Exception current instruction address: 0x0012039c
    >Machine Status Register: 0x00083000
    >Condition Register: 0x4400842c
    >Regs at 0x189b28
    >=========
    >
    >1-Can anyone remind me of WindRiver Tool that might check the linker
    >objs
    >so I trace the routine and area of code causing this ?
    >Some disassembler tool ?
    >2-Also where can I modify this routine to display Task Name ect...
    >
    >MegaThanks

    You didn't mention which architecture you are using, but the general forms
    are:

    For dissassembly,
    objdumpppc -d vxWorks
    objdumppentium -d vxWork