SCSI Hard Drive - VxWorks

This is a discussion on SCSI Hard Drive - VxWorks ; Hi All, I am working on Ultra 320 SCSI driver, on VxWorks 6.0. I have the SCSI PMC card form Systran and my target is my Pentium PC. I have been stuck in this problem regarding the mounting of the ...

  1. SCSI Hard Drive

    Hi All,
    I am working on Ultra 320 SCSI driver, on VxWorks 6.0. I have the SCSI
    PMC card form Systran and my target is my Pentium PC.
    I have been stuck in this problem regarding the mounting of the scsi
    driver. Please do help in this with high priority.
    The situation is as such,
    1. I havnt yet attached my driver with the Pentium BSP, but I call the
    PCI and SCSI initilization functions from the shell.
    2. I am not using the auto config, I am doing manual configuration of
    the SCSI device, which is SCSI Ultra 160 Hard Drive, by calling the the
    following routine,
    scsiPhysDevCreate(pscsiCtrl,2,0,0,0,0,0);
    Once the physical device is created I check the vendor id and size of
    the device which is correct according to the hard drive vendor.
    3. I create the SCSI block device by calling the following function,
    scsiBlkDev(pScsiPhysDev,0,0)
    The input parameters I give to this function is, pointer to the
    physical device structure, and number of blocks and the memory offset
    for the block.
    4.Once the Phys device is created I initialize dos FS,
    dosFSDevInit();
    5. I am able to see the device in the devices list when I check the
    devices on shell.

    Now, I am not able to do the read/write on the hard drive, it give me
    the output saying
    "Malformatted disk"
    I am stuck with this problem I am unable to proceed to test my
    read/write routine on the SCSI device.
    Please do help me in solving this issue, any doubts pertaining the
    problem I am facing is always welcome.

    cheers,
    Vinay

  2. Re: SCSI Hard Drive

    Did you format this disk for a dosFS once via dosFsMkfs?

    lc
    Vinay wrote:
    > Hi All,
    > I am working on Ultra 320 SCSI driver, on VxWorks 6.0. I have the SCSI
    > PMC card form Systran and my target is my Pentium PC.
    > I have been stuck in this problem regarding the mounting of the scsi
    > driver. Please do help in this with high priority.
    > The situation is as such,
    > 1. I havnt yet attached my driver with the Pentium BSP, but I call the
    > PCI and SCSI initilization functions from the shell.
    > 2. I am not using the auto config, I am doing manual configuration of
    > the SCSI device, which is SCSI Ultra 160 Hard Drive, by calling the the
    > following routine,
    > scsiPhysDevCreate(pscsiCtrl,2,0,0,0,0,0);
    > Once the physical device is created I check the vendor id and size of
    > the device which is correct according to the hard drive vendor.
    > 3. I create the SCSI block device by calling the following function,
    > scsiBlkDev(pScsiPhysDev,0,0)
    > The input parameters I give to this function is, pointer to the
    > physical device structure, and number of blocks and the memory offset
    > for the block.
    > 4.Once the Phys device is created I initialize dos FS,
    > dosFSDevInit();
    > 5. I am able to see the device in the devices list when I check the
    > devices on shell.
    >
    > Now, I am not able to do the read/write on the hard drive, it give me
    > the output saying
    > "Malformatted disk"
    > I am stuck with this problem I am unable to proceed to test my
    > read/write routine on the SCSI device.
    > Please do help me in solving this issue, any doubts pertaining the
    > problem I am facing is always welcome.
    >
    > cheers,
    > Vinay

  3. Re: SCSI Hard Drive

    Hi,
    I am trying to format the disk but its not able to do any operation on
    the disk, plrobably its not able to read the boot sector of the disk.
    Is there any other way I can read the boot sector of the disk.
    I am trying to read the boot sector by direstly calling the scsiRdSecs
    with the Sector number as 0 let me try this and then update you.
    cheers,
    Vinay
    mciummo@gmail.com wrote:
    > Did you format this disk for a dosFS once via dosFsMkfs?
    >
    > lc
    > Vinay wrote:
    > > Hi All,
    > > I am working on Ultra 320 SCSI driver, on VxWorks 6.0. I have the SCSI
    > > PMC card form Systran and my target is my Pentium PC.
    > > I have been stuck in this problem regarding the mounting of the scsi
    > > driver. Please do help in this with high priority.
    > > The situation is as such,
    > > 1. I havnt yet attached my driver with the Pentium BSP, but I call the
    > > PCI and SCSI initilization functions from the shell.
    > > 2. I am not using the auto config, I am doing manual configuration of
    > > the SCSI device, which is SCSI Ultra 160 Hard Drive, by calling the the
    > > following routine,
    > > scsiPhysDevCreate(pscsiCtrl,2,0,0,0,0,0);
    > > Once the physical device is created I check the vendor id and size of
    > > the device which is correct according to the hard drive vendor.
    > > 3. I create the SCSI block device by calling the following function,
    > > scsiBlkDev(pScsiPhysDev,0,0)
    > > The input parameters I give to this function is, pointer to the
    > > physical device structure, and number of blocks and the memory offset
    > > for the block.
    > > 4.Once the Phys device is created I initialize dos FS,
    > > dosFSDevInit();
    > > 5. I am able to see the device in the devices list when I check the
    > > devices on shell.
    > >
    > > Now, I am not able to do the read/write on the hard drive, it give me
    > > the output saying
    > > "Malformatted disk"
    > > I am stuck with this problem I am unable to proceed to test my
    > > read/write routine on the SCSI device.
    > > Please do help me in solving this issue, any doubts pertaining the
    > > problem I am facing is always welcome.
    > >
    > > cheers,
    > > Vinay

+ Reply to Thread