arm 9 bsp in building meet a big comfusion - VxWorks

This is a discussion on arm 9 bsp in building meet a big comfusion - VxWorks ; i built a bsp based on arm 9 Cirrus Logical EP9312, the bsp on this boar A is running. when i download this bsp into board B which is based on arm 9 cirrus logical ep9312 too, and the main ...

  1. arm 9 bsp in building meet a big comfusion

    i built a bsp based on arm 9 Cirrus Logical EP9312, the bsp on this
    boar A is running.

    when i download this bsp into board B which is based on arm 9 cirrus
    logical ep9312 too, and the main
    part is the same to board A but more have a FPGA circuit, bsp cannot
    run on board B. it stopped when rominit.s run through, seen cannot jump
    the romstart, i deal with this problem more than one month, cannot
    slove it, did some one have the same problem, please give me your hand,
    thanks

  2. Re: arm 9 bsp in building meet a big comfusion

    I think you are going to need a debugger. My "guess" is you're getting
    an interrupt early on causing it not to perform as expected. Can you
    disable ints and try it?

    lc
    Marshal wrote:
    > i built a bsp based on arm 9 Cirrus Logical EP9312, the bsp on this
    > boar A is running.
    >
    > when i download this bsp into board B which is based on arm 9 cirrus
    > logical ep9312 too, and the main
    > part is the same to board A but more have a FPGA circuit, bsp cannot
    > run on board B. it stopped when rominit.s run through, seen cannot jump
    > the romstart, i deal with this problem more than one month, cannot
    > slove it, did some one have the same problem, please give me your hand,
    > thanks

  3. Re: arm 9 bsp in building meet a big comfusion

    "LarryC д
    "
    > I think you are going to need a debugger. My "guess" is you're getting
    > an interrupt early on causing it not to perform as expected. Can you
    > disable ints and try it?
    >
    > lc
    > Marshal wrote:
    > > i built a bsp based on arm 9 Cirrus Logical EP9312, the bsp on this
    > > boar A is running.
    > >
    > > when i download this bsp into board B which is based on arm 9 cirrus
    > > logical ep9312 too, and the main
    > > part is the same to board A but more have a FPGA circuit, bsp cannot
    > > run on board B. it stopped when rominit.s run through, seen cannot jump
    > > the romstart, i deal with this problem more than one month, cannot
    > > slove it, did some one have the same problem, please give me your hand,
    > > thanks

    i disabled all the interrupts include the irq ,fiq of the cpsr and the
    vic of the arm.

    but it is not working. the board A and board B have the same Arm
    architcture, expcet

    board B have one more FPGA. BSP have been run on the Board A, but can
    not run on Board B which have one more FPGA. what's the problem?what
    should i do now?

    thanks

    thanks,

  4. Re: arm 9 bsp in building meet a big comfusion

    "Marshal д
    "
    > "LarryC д
    > "
    > > I think you are going to need a debugger. My "guess" is you're getting
    > > an interrupt early on causing it not to perform as expected. Can you
    > > disable ints and try it?
    > >
    > > lc
    > > Marshal wrote:
    > > > i built a bsp based on arm 9 Cirrus Logical EP9312, the bsp on this
    > > > boar A is running.
    > > >
    > > > when i download this bsp into board B which is based on arm 9 cirrus
    > > > logical ep9312 too, and the main
    > > > part is the same to board A but more have a FPGA circuit, bsp cannot
    > > > run on board B. it stopped when rominit.s run through, seen cannot jump
    > > > the romstart, i deal with this problem more than one month, cannot
    > > > slove it, did some one have the same problem, please give me your hand,
    > > > thanks

    > i disabled all the interrupts include the irq ,fiq of the cpsr and the
    > vic of the arm.
    >
    > but it is not working. the board A and board B have the same Arm
    > architcture, expcet
    >
    > board B have one more FPGA. BSP have been run on the Board A, but can
    > not run on Board B which have one more FPGA. what's the problem?what
    > should i do now?
    >

    > thanks
    >
    > thanks,

    did some one give me some opinion

  5. Re: arm 9 bsp in building meet a big comfusion

    "Marshal" wrote in message
    news:1163059930.770222.292690@k70g2000cwa.googlegr oups.com...

    "Marshal D̨o
    "
    > "LarryC D̨o
    > "
    > > I think you are going to need a debugger. My "guess" is you're getting
    > > an interrupt early on causing it not to perform as expected. Can you
    > > disable ints and try it?
    > >
    > > lc
    > > Marshal wrote:
    > > > i built a bsp based on arm 9 Cirrus Logical EP9312, the bsp on this
    > > > boar A is running.
    > > >
    > > > when i download this bsp into board B which is based on arm 9 cirrus
    > > > logical ep9312 too, and the main
    > > > part is the same to board A but more have a FPGA circuit, bsp cannot
    > > > run on board B. it stopped when rominit.s run through, seen cannot

    jump
    > > > the romstart, i deal with this problem more than one month, cannot
    > > > slove it, did some one have the same problem, please give me your

    hand,
    > > > thanks

    > i disabled all the interrupts include the irq ,fiq of the cpsr and the
    > vic of the arm.
    >
    > but it is not working. the board A and board B have the same Arm
    > architcture, expcet
    >
    > board B have one more FPGA. BSP have been run on the Board A, but can
    > not run on Board B which have one more FPGA. what's the problem?what
    > should i do now?

    Your FPGA on board B may require additional support from BSP. It is possible
    that FPGA requires some additional initializations from processor end (Like
    External Bus-Bridge configurations (Not sure of exact configurations
    required on ARM)).

    Not doing such configurations, FPGA on board B might be generating certain
    events that your system cannot handle.

    Also having additional FPGA on board B, there could be many resources that
    are used for other purposes than that were on board A. You will need to
    check Board A and Board B manuals to see how exactly new FPGA is introduced
    on board B and upgrade board A BSP before using on board B.

    > thanks
    >
    > thanks,

    did some one give me some opinion

    Regards,
    Nagaraj L

  6. Re: arm 9 bsp in building meet a big comfusion

    during rominit.s run, seen not need to initialize peripheral?
    your advice gives me a brand new dirction, thanks

  7. Re: arm 9 bsp in building meet a big comfusion

    "Marshal д
    "
    > during rominit.s run, seen not need to initialize peripheral?
    > your advice gives me a brand new dirction, thanks

    maybe as you said, when power up, FPGA maybe generate a signal to some
    line
    connected to the processor, and processor can not handle the signal and
    corrupt.
    but the rominit.s can run and run through, i use a led light see it run
    through, why
    it can not corrupt the boot during rominit.s running?

    thank you
    and best regards.

  8. Re: arm 9 bsp in building meet a big comfusion

    If certain initializations are not done, or wrongly done, the system
    behaviour is not predictable. Furthur investigating in to the issue will
    lead in to clues, and fixing them one by one you can narrow down to the
    solution.

    "Marshal" wrote in message
    news:1163173048.300793.143000@h54g2000cwb.googlegr oups.com...

    "Marshal D̨o