DSISR register - VxWorks

This is a discussion on DSISR register - VxWorks ; I am usin the Freescale 8270 processor (PPC G2_LE core). The documentattion for DSI exception (address 0x0300) refers to bits 1,4,5,6,9,11 of DSISR register. There is no reference for bits higher than bit 11 in DSISR for DSI exception. I ...

  1. DSISR register

    I am usin the Freescale 8270 processor (PPC G2_LE core).

    The documentattion for DSI exception (address 0x0300) refers to bits
    1,4,5,6,9,11 of DSISR register.
    There is no reference for bits higher than bit 11 in DSISR for DSI
    exception.

    I am getting a DSI exception and DSISR=0x0000b030.

    Bits 0-15 are zero. How should I interpret this value ? The documentation
    says nothing about bits higher than bit #15 and bits 0-15 are zero.

    I am using the big endian mode.

    Martin

  2. Re: DSISR register

    Hi:

    You have to find the bad ptr you are dereferencing. Use the DAR for
    the ptr value or do a tt() to see where it bombed. Not much good stuff
    in the DSISR, unless you suspect you've got a incorrectly set up BAT or
    you care whether the bad instruction was a load or a store!

    Good luck
    lc
    martin roth wrote:
    > I am usin the Freescale 8270 processor (PPC G2_LE core).
    >
    > The documentattion for DSI exception (address 0x0300) refers to bits
    > 1,4,5,6,9,11 of DSISR register.
    > There is no reference for bits higher than bit 11 in DSISR for DSI
    > exception.
    >
    > I am getting a DSI exception and DSISR=0x0000b030.
    >
    > Bits 0-15 are zero. How should I interpret this value ? The documentation
    > says nothing about bits higher than bit #15 and bits 0-15 are zero.
    >
    > I am using the big endian mode.
    >
    > Martin

+ Reply to Thread