wtxTargetReset - VxWorks

This is a discussion on wtxTargetReset - VxWorks ; Hi all, I have a wtxTargetReset ( ) call not returning an ERROR, yet I don't see a valid/effective Reset being exercised in my Baja750 Board. I am trying to find out thru the Tornado files to find where wtxTargetReset() ...

  1. wtxTargetReset

    Hi all,

    I have a wtxTargetReset ( ) call not returning an ERROR, yet I don't
    see a valid/effective Reset being exercised in my Baja750 Board.

    I am trying to find out thru the Tornado files to find where
    wtxTargetReset() call
    is mapped to some Reset or Hardware Init call in the BSP.

    So far I came up only with the following :
    in C:\Tornado\host\include\wtxtypes.h

    #define WTX_TARGET_RESET_CMD "wtxTargetReset"

    Question: How and where is the Reset being called in the Target Agent
    and in the
    BSP ?

    Thanks infinitely.

  2. Re: wtxTargetReset

    The WTX requests (tools to target server communication) are,
    essentially, mapped onto WDB requests (target server to target agent
    communication). I believe that the target agent simply calls reboot()
    when it gets the WDB request that maps on the WTX_TARGET_RESET request.

    If you don't see your board rebooting may be you can try to see whether
    the reboot() command reboots it? You can also log all the WTX and WDB
    requests so that that you can check whether the WTX_TARGET_RESET is
    actually mapped onto an equivalent WDB request. Check the target
    server's option to get the logs (can't remember what the options are
    from the top of my head).

    Hope this helps,

    --
    PAD