nfs cache - VxWorks

This is a discussion on nfs cache - VxWorks ; Hi, In vxworks 5.5 I could change the cache size of a nfs mount by typing in nfsCacheSize= in the startup.stp file or in code. very handy for real time processing! It appears that now in 6.2 nfs3CacheSize=8192 is the ...

  1. nfs cache

    Hi,

    In vxworks 5.5 I could change the cache size of a nfs mount by typing in
    nfsCacheSize= in the startup.stp file or in code. very handy for real time processing!

    It appears that now in 6.2 nfs3CacheSize=8192 is the max you can enter. How can we make it bigger. entering a large number makes it break. we have to be missing something simple. So what is the secret handshake :-)

    thanks in advance

  2. Re: nfs cache

    no one wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > In vxworks 5.5 I could change the cache size of a nfs mount by typing in
    > nfsCacheSize= in the startup.stp file or in code. very handy for
    > real time processing!
    >
    > It appears that now in 6.2 nfs3CacheSize=8192 is the max you can
    > enter. How can we make it bigger. entering a large number makes it
    > break. we have to be missing something simple. So what is the secret
    > handshake :-)
    >

    > thanks in advance

    Unpatched vxWorks 6.2 at first glance seems a bit fragile in the area of
    NFS. It seems like a silly suggestion but be sure you have all of the
    6.2 updates installed.

    If that does not work, probably a good time for a trouble report.

+ Reply to Thread