Using ifLib in a VxWorks 6.2 RTP - VxWorks

This is a discussion on Using ifLib in a VxWorks 6.2 RTP - VxWorks ; Has anyone tried to use the routines such as ifAddrSet from an RTP context in VxWorks 6.2? I've been able to include the ifLib.h file in my RTP and every thing compiles just fine. The linker fails when creating the ...

  1. Using ifLib in a VxWorks 6.2 RTP

    Has anyone tried to use the routines such as ifAddrSet from an RTP
    context in VxWorks 6.2?

    I've been able to include the ifLib.h file in my RTP and every thing
    compiles just fine. The linker fails when creating the .vxe file
    saying there is an undefined reference to ifAddrSet(). Talking to
    WindRiver support, they suggested to pull in the ifLib.c into my
    project space, but now I get a whole bunch of compile errors on that
    file and WindRiver hasn't been real helpful in solving that issue.

    Does anyone have any suggestions?

    Thanks,
    Omar

  2. Re: Using ifLib in a VxWorks 6.2 RTP

    Omar wrote:
    > Has anyone tried to use the routines such as ifAddrSet from an RTP
    > context in VxWorks 6.2?
    >
    > I've been able to include the ifLib.h file in my RTP and every thing
    > compiles just fine. The linker fails when creating the .vxe file
    > saying there is an undefined reference to ifAddrSet(). Talking to
    > WindRiver support, they suggested to pull in the ifLib.c into my
    > project space, but now I get a whole bunch of compile errors on that
    > file and WindRiver hasn't been real helpful in solving that issue.
    >
    > Does anyone have any suggestions?

    If you look at the application API reference manual, you'll not see
    ifLib mentioned because it is a kernel mode API -- not directly
    callable from user mode.
    You can develop your own system calls to do what you want though.
    Search through Workbench's excellent help facility to learn about
    syscallLib.

    GV

+ Reply to Thread