native application development on Workbench 2.4 - VxWorks

This is a discussion on native application development on Workbench 2.4 - VxWorks ; Hi all, Workbench says we can configure it for developing native application that can be run on the host itself. I'm using Workbench 2.4 on WinXP. I've tried the steps listed out in the help. but it seems to me ...

  1. native application development on Workbench 2.4

    Hi all,

    Workbench says we can configure it for developing native application
    that can be run on the host itself. I'm using Workbench 2.4 on WinXP.
    I've tried the steps listed out in the help. but it seems to me that
    workbech doesn't contain the binaries for as,gcc,ld etc for windows
    host. We may have to set it up ourself, i think. any exp with this
    stuff ?

    Thanks in advance,

    regards,
    morpheus.

  2. Re: native application development on Workbench 2.4

    Hello morpheus,
    morpheus schrieb:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > Workbench says we can configure it for developing native application
    > that can be run on the host itself. I'm using Workbench 2.4 on WinXP.
    > I've tried the steps listed out in the help. but it seems to me that
    > workbech doesn't contain the binaries for as,gcc,ld etc for windows
    > host. We may have to set it up ourself, i think. any exp with this
    > stuff ?

    Certainly the Workbench does not contain the GNU Compiler tool chains.
    To get them, grab them from the internet.
    Workbench comes with buils specs, that can handle GCC etc. and a
    debugger adaptor which can visualize the gdb debug activities.

    But when you have the GNU tools every things will work fine!

    --
    BaSystem Martin Raabe
    E: Martin.RaabeB-a-S-y-s-t-e-mde

  3. Re: native application development on Workbench 2.4

    Can you please give any example configuration for this. How can we
    configure native gcc toolchain for workbench. Using cygwin or gcc
    binaries for windows ?

    where to set the path and other things in workbench. I've configured
    workbench to work with the toolchain coming with Dev-C++ .I could
    compile a native project in workbench but can't make it run in my
    system.

    Martin Raabe wrote:
    > Hello morpheus,
    > morpheus schrieb:
    > > Hi all,
    > >
    > > Workbench says we can configure it for developing native application
    > > that can be run on the host itself. I'm using Workbench 2.4 on WinXP.
    > > I've tried the steps listed out in the help. but it seems to me that
    > > workbech doesn't contain the binaries for as,gcc,ld etc for windows
    > > host. We may have to set it up ourself, i think. any exp with this
    > > stuff ?

    > Certainly the Workbench does not contain the GNU Compiler tool chains.
    > To get them, grab them from the internet.
    > Workbench comes with buils specs, that can handle GCC etc. and a
    > debugger adaptor which can visualize the gdb debug activities.
    >
    > But when you have the GNU tools every things will work fine!
    >

    > --
    > BaSystem Martin Raabe
    > E: Martin.RaabeB-a-S-y-s-t-e-mde

+ Reply to Thread