ifShow counter problems - VxWorks

This is a discussion on ifShow counter problems - VxWorks ; I just found strange problem with my END. My END update counters. When I run ifShow, receive direction counters look right, but transmit counter do not. I took out the transmit direction counter update code totally. Then it seems the ...

  1. ifShow counter problems

    I just found strange problem with my END.
    My END update counters. When I run ifShow, receive direction counters
    look right, but transmit counter do not. I took out the transmit
    direction counter update code totally. Then it seems the transmit
    counter updates by itself (may by update by MUX service?). Also when it
    updates, it does not count broadcast; but count every unicast as
    NON-Uicast packet. The unicast and non-unicast packets are ARP packets.
    For the moment, I am not ready to deal with other packets in my
    simulation environment yet.

    Thanks,

  2. Re: ifShow counter problems

    I jst found out that this problem only happens to ARP pakcets. If it
    sends out a Unicast response to a ARP request, the non unicast counters
    increments not the unicast counter. If it sends ARP request, the
    counter updated correctly.

    ask wrote:
    > I just found strange problem with my END.
    > My END update counters. When I run ifShow, receive direction counters
    > look right, but transmit counter do not. I took out the transmit
    > direction counter update code totally. Then it seems the transmit
    > counter updates by itself (may by update by MUX service?). Also when it
    > updates, it does not count broadcast; but count every unicast as
    > NON-Uicast packet. The unicast and non-unicast packets are ARP packets.
    > For the moment, I am not ready to deal with other packets in my
    > simulation environment yet.
    >
    > Thanks,

+ Reply to Thread