compiling bootConfig.c with taskLib.h in a different directory - VxWorks

This is a discussion on compiling bootConfig.c with taskLib.h in a different directory - VxWorks ; I had to modify bootConfig.c so my boss requires the file be placed in CM control in a different directory that the Tornado installation. I can do this and I modify the makeFIle as follows: ## bootConfig.c moved BD_BSP = ...

  1. compiling bootConfig.c with taskLib.h in a different directory

    I had to modify bootConfig.c so my boss requires the file be placed in
    CM control in a different directory that the Tornado installation. I
    can do this and I modify the makeFIle as follows:

    ## bootConfig.c moved
    BD_BSP = .
    BOOTCONFIG = $(BD_BSP)/bootConfig.c

    This points to the place where I build the BSP. However, I could only
    do this by moving taskLib.h into the same directory and then modifying
    the makefile again as follows:

    ##
    ## we also have include files at:
    EXTRA_INCLUDE = -I$(BD_BSP_DIR)

    But now prjConfig.c will not build because it expects taskLib.h to be
    in the Tornado installation directory. That is the correct place for
    it since it has now been mvodified. BUT I don't want two copies of it
    and I obviously need to compile both programs. HELP!

    I would prefer to not have bootConfig.c point directly at the taskLib.h
    such as:

    #include "C:/Tornado2.2/target/h/taskLib.h"

    UGLY, with obvious problems.
    thanks,
    Ed Davenport

  2. Re: compiling bootConfig.c with taskLib.h in a different directory

    You could try creating a link in the Tornado installation directory to
    point to
    the file in the CM directory, or create a link in the CM directory to
    point to
    the Tornado directory. Works great in Unix/Linux.

    In the past, I have used CM tools with a "shadow" feature that allowed
    me to
    update the same file in two locations. The file is maintained in a CM
    location
    and updated automatically in the shadow (read only) location.

    edsorbit wrote:
    > I had to modify bootConfig.c so my boss requires the file be placed in
    > CM control in a different directory that the Tornado installation. I
    > can do this and I modify the makeFIle as follows:
    >

    > ## bootConfig.c moved
    > BD_BSP = .
    > BOOTCONFIG = $(BD_BSP)/bootConfig.c
    >
    > This points to the place where I build the BSP. However, I could only
    > do this by moving taskLib.h into the same directory and then modifying
    > the makefile again as follows:
    >
    > ##
    > ## we also have include files at:
    > EXTRA_INCLUDE = -I$(BD_BSP_DIR)
    >
    > But now prjConfig.c will not build because it expects taskLib.h to be
    > in the Tornado installation directory. That is the correct place for
    > it since it has now been mvodified. BUT I don't want two copies of it
    > and I obviously need to compile both programs. HELP!
    >
    > I would prefer to not have bootConfig.c point directly at the taskLib.h
    > such as:
    >
    > #include "C:/Tornado2.2/target/h/taskLib.h"
    >
    > UGLY, with obvious problems.
    > thanks,
    > Ed Davenport

  3. Re: compiling bootConfig.c with taskLib.h in a different directory

    The real solution was much simpler:
    had to rebuild the depend file (depend.mops520) after moving taskLib.h
    back to the Tornado installation directory.

    MikeU wrote:
    > You could try creating a link in the Tornado installation directory to
    > point to
    > the file in the CM directory, or create a link in the CM directory to
    > point to
    > the Tornado directory. Works great in Unix/Linux.
    >
    > In the past, I have used CM tools with a "shadow" feature that allowed
    > me to
    > update the same file in two locations. The file is maintained in a CM
    > location
    > and updated automatically in the shadow (read only) location.
    >
    > edsorbit wrote:
    > > I had to modify bootConfig.c so my boss requires the file be placed in
    > > CM control in a different directory that the Tornado installation. I
    > > can do this and I modify the makeFIle as follows:
    > >

    > > ## bootConfig.c moved
    > > BD_BSP = .
    > > BOOTCONFIG = $(BD_BSP)/bootConfig.c
    > >
    > > This points to the place where I build the BSP. However, I could only
    > > do this by moving taskLib.h into the same directory and then modifying
    > > the makefile again as follows:
    > >
    > > ##
    > > ## we also have include files at:
    > > EXTRA_INCLUDE = -I$(BD_BSP_DIR)
    > >
    > > But now prjConfig.c will not build because it expects taskLib.h to be
    > > in the Tornado installation directory. That is the correct place for
    > > it since it has now been mvodified. BUT I don't want two copies of it
    > > and I obviously need to compile both programs. HELP!
    > >
    > > I would prefer to not have bootConfig.c point directly at the taskLib.h
    > > such as:
    > >
    > > #include "C:/Tornado2.2/target/h/taskLib.h"
    > >
    > > UGLY, with obvious problems.
    > > thanks,
    > > Ed Davenport

+ Reply to Thread