Port WindRiver Network Stack to Linux - VxWorks

This is a discussion on Port WindRiver Network Stack to Linux - VxWorks ; Hello All, I have a requirement to develop a Simulation Environment for our target application in Linux. Its Linux because of some other interdependencies of the existing Code - and therefore, I CANNOT use the VxSim which actually requires me ...

  1. Port WindRiver Network Stack to Linux

    Hello All,
    I have a requirement to develop a Simulation Environment for our target
    application in Linux. Its Linux because of some other interdependencies
    of the existing Code - and therefore, I CANNOT use the VxSim which
    actually requires me to be in either NT/Unix/Solaris. Now, is it
    possible to include the IP Stack provided by Windriver over the target
    platform to be embedded along with my Simulation over the Linux
    platform. If yes, what should I be doing.. I cannot take the binary
    compiled for the target to link it in Linux. where does the code for it
    reside?? does it come as part of the stack?
    The target platform will be ARM.
    Or is there a way that I could build the VxSim for Linux ?

    Im grateful for any help/pointers.
    Ather.

  2. Re: Port WindRiver Network Stack to Linux

    hi Ather,
    tried to get ur problem.

    is it like this.....
    ur simulation env will be running on linux. the target application will
    be running on the ARM target. the tcp/ip stack supplied by windriver
    has to be configured on the target itself and not on the linux
    supported host.

    if i have got u correctly, then wht u can do is that configure the
    tcp/ip stack of vxworks on windows using tornado/ workbench. burn it in
    ur eprom, then use the stack for ur simulation env on linux by calling
    the standard n/w system calls.

    may be i havnt got u correctly.
    please revert back with further discussions abt this and ur simulation
    env.
    thanks....
    rahulk.

    Ather wrote:
    > Hello All,
    > I have a requirement to develop a Simulation Environment for our target
    > application in Linux. Its Linux because of some other interdependencies
    > of the existing Code - and therefore, I CANNOT use the VxSim which
    > actually requires me to be in either NT/Unix/Solaris. Now, is it
    > possible to include the IP Stack provided by Windriver over the target
    > platform to be embedded along with my Simulation over the Linux
    > platform. If yes, what should I be doing.. I cannot take the binary
    > compiled for the target to link it in Linux. where does the code for it
    > reside?? does it come as part of the stack?
    > The target platform will be ARM.
    > Or is there a way that I could build the VxSim for Linux ?
    >
    > Im grateful for any help/pointers.
    > Ather.

+ Reply to Thread