GNU & Diab libraries mixing - VxWorks

This is a discussion on GNU & Diab libraries mixing - VxWorks ; I using Tornado 2.21 for 82xx PPC603 architecture. My whole project is compiled with Diab compiler. I compiled some C source libraries by GNU compiler and added the resulting ..pl or .out object files to the project( which is mainly ...

  1. GNU & Diab libraries mixing

    I using Tornado 2.21 for 82xx PPC603 architecture.
    My whole project is compiled with Diab compiler.

    I compiled some C source libraries by GNU compiler and added the resulting
    ..pl or .out object files to the project( which is mainly compiled by DIAB).
    Any unexpected danger with mixing DIAB and GNU object files ?

    It looks like working, however I am always asking myself why did Windriver
    create separate set of libraries for GNU and DIAB toolchain ?

    Martin Roth
    Motorola

  2. Re: GNU & Diab libraries mixing

    Martin Roth wrote:
    > I using Tornado 2.21 for 82xx PPC603 architecture.
    > My whole project is compiled with Diab compiler.

    The right choice.

    > I compiled some C source libraries by GNU compiler and added the resulting
    > .pl or .out object files to the project( which is mainly compiled by DIAB).
    > Any unexpected danger with mixing DIAB and GNU object files ?

    They will work and play well together.

    > It looks like working, however I am always asking myself why did Windriver
    > create separate set of libraries for GNU and DIAB toolchain ?

    Diab is still sold standalone?
    Not all users install both compilers?

    GV

+ Reply to Thread