Compatible network cards for vxworks5.5 - VxWorks

This is a discussion on Compatible network cards for vxworks5.5 - VxWorks ; Hi friends, I am a newbie to vxworks. Working out with tornado2.2, vxworks5.5, found myself cornered by the network card problems. Nowhere in the pdf manuals i could find the clear cut indications of NICs supported by vxworks. I am ...

  1. Compatible network cards for vxworks5.5

    Hi friends,

    I am a newbie to vxworks. Working out with tornado2.2, vxworks5.5,
    found myself cornered by the network card problems. Nowhere in the pdf
    manuals i could find the clear cut indications of NICs supported by
    vxworks.

    I am trying out with RTL8029 on pentium target and getting "Muxload
    Error"
    1. Please, could anyone guide me how to modify config file to make
    vxworks5.5 work with this card.
    2. Also, as i mentioned above, is there any documentation regarding
    NICs supported by vxworks?

    Please help me out of these.
    Thanks in advance .

    - Kiran, Bangalore.

  2. Re: Compatible network cards for vxworks5.5

    well, muxload/muxDevload is the first call by the driver to load itself
    into kernal device table. trying muxShow() and related mux*() calls.
    perhaps you're not loading the correct driver for you the nic card.

    kk wrote:
    > Hi friends,
    >
    > I am a newbie to vxworks. Working out with tornado2.2, vxworks5.5,
    > found myself cornered by the network card problems. Nowhere in the pdf
    > manuals i could find the clear cut indications of NICs supported by
    > vxworks.
    >
    > I am trying out with RTL8029 on pentium target and getting "Muxload
    > Error"
    > 1. Please, could anyone guide me how to modify config file to make
    > vxworks5.5 work with this card.
    > 2. Also, as i mentioned above, is there any documentation regarding
    > NICs supported by vxworks?
    >
    > Please help me out of these.
    > Thanks in advance .
    >
    > - Kiran, Bangalore.

  3. Re: Compatible network cards for vxworks5.5

    "kk" wrote:

    >Hi friends,
    >
    >I am a newbie to vxworks. Working out with tornado2.2, vxworks5.5,
    >found myself cornered by the network card problems. Nowhere in the pdf
    >manuals i could find the clear cut indications of NICs supported by
    >vxworks.
    >
    >I am trying out with RTL8029 on pentium target and getting "Muxload
    >Error"
    >1. Please, could anyone guide me how to modify config file to make
    >vxworks5.5 work with this card.
    >2. Also, as i mentioned above, is there any documentation regarding
    >NICs supported by vxworks?
    >
    >Please help me out of these.
    >Thanks in advance .
    >
    >- Kiran, Bangalore.

    Did you read the document for the bsp, or the source for that document (target.nr in the
    BSP directory)?

+ Reply to Thread