IS it mandatory to init fei0 during boot only... - VxWorks

This is a discussion on IS it mandatory to init fei0 during boot only... - VxWorks ; Can i attach fei0 device manually at a later time in the BSP and not in the Boot Image....

  1. IS it mandatory to init fei0 during boot only...

    Can i attach fei0 device manually at a later time in the BSP and not in
    the Boot Image.

  2. Re: IS it mandatory to init fei0 during boot only...

    Yes you certainly can.
    Its possible to load an ethernet interface by using muxDevLoad and
    muxDevStart API's.

    Raj
    rajni wrote:
    > Can i attach fei0 device manually at a later time in the BSP and not in
    > the Boot Image.

  3. Re: IS it mandatory to init fei0 during boot only...

    rajni wrote:

    > Can i attach fei0 device manually at a later time in the BSP and not in
    > the Boot Image.

    Rajni,

    I think.. following things will be useful for you..
    Its initilizes fei drivers. you can follow same calls for your
    controller..

    ->fei2=muxDevLoad(0,fei82557EndLoad,"-1:0x00:0x20:0x20:0x00",1,0)
    ->muxDevStart(fei2)
    ->ipAttach(0,"fei")
    ->ifMaskSet("fei0",0xffffff00)
    ->ifAddrSet("fei0","136.12.117.10")
    ->hostAdd("woof-route-10","136.12.117.10")
    ->muxShow
    ->hostShow
    ->ifShow
    ->mRouteShow