question on netJobAdd() - VxWorks

This is a discussion on question on netJobAdd() - VxWorks ; In the mnual the netJobAdd() is always used from interrupt context. I wonder if there is limitation on this function call, for example if this function can be called from a task not from an interrupt. Has anyone tried this?...

  1. question on netJobAdd()

    In the mnual the netJobAdd() is always used from interrupt context. I
    wonder if there is limitation on this function call, for example if
    this function can be called from a task not from an interrupt.

    Has anyone tried this?

  2. Re: question on netJobAdd()

    wrote in message
    news:1155679430.856524.246010@p79g2000cwp.googlegr oups.com...
    > In the mnual the netJobAdd() is always used from interrupt context. I
    > wonder if there is limitation on this function call, for example if
    > this function can be called from a task not from an interrupt.
    >
    > Has anyone tried this?

    tNetTask calls netJobAdd from task level.

    BT

  3. Re: question on netJobAdd()

    HB wrote:
    > wrote in message
    > news:1155679430.856524.246010@p79g2000cwp.googlegr oups.com...
    > > In the mnual the netJobAdd() is always used from interrupt context. I
    > > wonder if there is limitation on this function call, for example if
    > > this function can be called from a task not from an interrupt.
    > >
    > > Has anyone tried this?
    > >

    > tNetTask calls netJobAdd from task level.
    >
    > BT

    Where did your find that in the document?

  4. Re: question on netJobAdd()

    "ask" wrote in message
    news:1155757655.945112.230470@m73g2000cwd.googlegr oups.com...

    > HB wrote:
    >> wrote in message
    >> news:1155679430.856524.246010@p79g2000cwp.googlegr oups.com...
    >> > In the mnual the netJobAdd() is always used from interrupt context. I
    >> > wonder if there is limitation on this function call, for example if
    >> > this function can be called from a task not from an interrupt.
    >> >
    >> > Has anyone tried this?
    >> >

    >> tNetTask calls netJobAdd from task level.
    >>
    >> BT

    > Where did your find that in the document?

    I have not checked the doc. We have the source from WindRiver of a couple of
    network drivers where netJobAdd() is used in task context.

  5. Re: question on netJobAdd()

    I wonder what is the priority of the task where the function is called,
    higher or lower than tNetTask itself?

    HB wrote:
    > "ask" wrote in message
    > news:1155757655.945112.230470@m73g2000cwd.googlegr oups.com...
    > >
    > > HB wrote:
    > >> wrote in message
    > >> news:1155679430.856524.246010@p79g2000cwp.googlegr oups.com...

    > >> tNetTask calls netJobAdd from task level.
    > >>
    > >> BT

    > > Where did your find that in the document?

    > I have not checked the doc. We have the source from WindRiver of a couple of
    > network drivers where netJobAdd() is used in task context.

  6. Re: question on netJobAdd()

    Hi

    It is actually called by nettask itself. So the pri is the same.
    Whan any task uses netJobAdd() that job is done by the nettask.
    netJobAdd() is a verry small routine, so the priority of the task
    that calls netJobAdd should not matter much.

    Actually even if you do not have the source for netJobAdd() it is so small
    that it is easy to just look at the assemly instruction to figure out what
    it does.

    "ask" wrote in message
    news:1155830645.772908.138600@p79g2000cwp.googlegr oups.com...
    >I wonder what is the priority of the task where the function is called,
    > higher or lower than tNetTask itself?
    >

    > HB wrote:
    >> "ask" wrote in message
    >> news:1155757655.945112.230470@m73g2000cwd.googlegr oups.com...

    >> > Where did your find that in the document?

    >> I have not checked the doc. We have the source from WindRiver of a couple
    >> of
    >> network drivers where netJobAdd() is used in task context.

  7. Re: question on netJobAdd()

    netJobAdd() can be called from task level code. It is just a simple
    call that enqueues a message to the message queue.

    HB wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > It is actually called by nettask itself. So the pri is the same.
    > Whan any task uses netJobAdd() that job is done by the nettask.
    > netJobAdd() is a verry small routine, so the priority of the task
    > that calls netJobAdd should not matter much.
    >
    > Actually even if you do not have the source for netJobAdd() it is so small
    > that it is easy to just look at the assemly instruction to figure out what
    > it does.
    >
    > "ask" wrote in message
    > news:1155830645.772908.138600@p79g2000cwp.googlegr oups.com...
    > >I wonder what is the priority of the task where the function is called,
    > > higher or lower than tNetTask itself?
    > >

    > > HB wrote:
    > >> "ask" wrote in message
    > >> news:1155757655.945112.230470@m73g2000cwd.googlegr oups.com...

    > >> I have not checked the doc. We have the source from WindRiver of a couple
    > >> of
    > >> network drivers where netJobAdd() is used in task context.

+ Reply to Thread