explanation of SM_MEM_SIZE vs SM_MEM_OBJ_SIZE - VxWorks

This is a discussion on explanation of SM_MEM_SIZE vs SM_MEM_OBJ_SIZE - VxWorks ; Can anyone explain the difference between SM_MEM_SIZE (shared memory size) and SM_MEM_OBJ_SIZE (shared memory object size) and how they affect shared memory? The documentation doesn't go into enough detail to help me resolve my problem. I think I can figure ...

  1. explanation of SM_MEM_SIZE vs SM_MEM_OBJ_SIZE

    Can anyone explain the difference between SM_MEM_SIZE (shared memory
    size) and
    SM_MEM_OBJ_SIZE (shared memory object size) and how they affect shared
    memory?
    The documentation doesn't go into enough detail to help me resolve my
    problem. I think
    I can figure it out if I have a better understanding of these
    parameters.

  2. Re: explanation of SM_MEM_SIZE vs SM_MEM_OBJ_SIZE

    The size of the shared-memory pool(SM_MEM_SIZE) is set during
    configuration.
    You need set this value to configure the size of the shared memory
    pool.

    Apparently, SM_MEM_OBJ_SIZE is the size of objects in the shared memory
    pool.
    MikeU wrote:
    > Can anyone explain the difference between SM_MEM_SIZE (shared memory
    > size) and
    > SM_MEM_OBJ_SIZE (shared memory object size) and how they affect shared
    > memory?
    > The documentation doesn't go into enough detail to help me resolve my
    > problem. I think
    > I can figure it out if I have a better understanding of these
    > parameters.

  3. Re: explanation of SM_MEM_SIZE vs SM_MEM_OBJ_SIZE

    I suppose I asked for that - an obvious explanation with even less
    substance than
    the documentation.

    tony wrote:
    > The size of the shared-memory pool(SM_MEM_SIZE) is set during
    > configuration.
    > You need set this value to configure the size of the shared memory
    > pool.
    >
    > Apparently, SM_MEM_OBJ_SIZE is the size of objects in the shared memory
    > pool.
    > MikeU wrote:
    > > Can anyone explain the difference between SM_MEM_SIZE (shared memory
    > > size) and
    > > SM_MEM_OBJ_SIZE (shared memory object size) and how they affect shared
    > > memory?
    > > The documentation doesn't go into enough detail to help me resolve my
    > > problem. I think
    > > I can figure it out if I have a better understanding of these
    > > parameters.

+ Reply to Thread