To Make Vxwork as a Auto Bootable Os for HMI - VxWorks

This is a discussion on To Make Vxwork as a Auto Bootable Os for HMI - VxWorks ; Hello friends, i am newbie to Vxworks,we have planned to do Human Machine Interface in Vxworks. From wind river they refeered me to select WORK BENCH IDE for Vxworks 6.x for industrial devices... Our HMI (Human Machine Interface) has to ...

  1. To Make Vxwork as a Auto Bootable Os for HMI

    Hello friends,
    i am newbie to Vxworks,we have planned to do
    Human Machine Interface in Vxworks.
    From wind river they refeered me to select WORK
    BENCH IDE for Vxworks 6.x for industrial devices...

    Our HMI (Human Machine Interface) has to control above 72 industrial
    machines using FTP, HTTP protocols.

    I need Vx works 6 which runs only JRE, TOMCAT Web Server,
    Mozilla Web Browser, and MY SQL and also it should support Networking
    concepts support such as HTTP, FTP and drivers such as serial, Key
    Board, Display etc.

    After building all of the above packages in to Vxworks, the
    resultant bootable image should work as an auto bootable operating
    system.

    I have few queries regarding Vxworks 6-PID

    Is it possible to build JRE, TOMCAT Web Server, Mozilla Web Browser,
    and MY SQL in Vxworks without source code because the source code is
    available for mozilla alone.

    All software packages are in EXE format; so that I couldn't build all
    of the above packages in Vxworks 6.

    Then how I can build the packages in Vx Works-PID.

    Excepting your reply..

    Srinivasan.G

  2. Re: To Make Vxwork as a Auto Bootable Os for HMI

    Hi:

    It's not real clear what you are trying to do, but the packages you
    mention will not run under vxWorks directly. You'll either have to
    port these packages from source to run under vxWorks, or buy packages
    that are already ported to vxWorks. Note that some of the packages you
    mention require sort sort of windowing enviroment such as Windows,
    Motif, etc. You could certainly get a version of X windows for
    vxWorks, and try to port those versions of the tools. Note that
    porting a windowing package to vxWorks supported hardware may be
    difficult and/or expensive to buy. WindML is a lower level graphics
    package suitable for LCDs; or X/OpenGL if your graphic requirements are
    more sophisticated (such as Seaweed Systems products).

    If I were you, I'd use one of those free OSes to run part of my system
    like the networking, gui's and management, and maybe use a separate
    processor to do the real time embedded part of the system, if there is
    any.

    Good luck,
    lc

    SEENU wrote:
    > Hello friends,
    > i am newbie to Vxworks,we have planned to do
    > Human Machine Interface in Vxworks.
    > From wind river they refeered me to select WORK
    > BENCH IDE for Vxworks 6.x for industrial devices...
    >

    > Our HMI (Human Machine Interface) has to control above 72 industrial
    > machines using FTP, HTTP protocols.
    >
    > I need Vx works 6 which runs only JRE, TOMCAT Web Server,
    > Mozilla Web Browser, and MY SQL and also it should support Networking
    > concepts support such as HTTP, FTP and drivers such as serial, Key
    > Board, Display etc.
    >
    > After building all of the above packages in to Vxworks, the
    > resultant bootable image should work as an auto bootable operating
    > system.
    >
    > I have few queries regarding Vxworks 6-PID
    >
    > Is it possible to build JRE, TOMCAT Web Server, Mozilla Web Browser,
    > and MY SQL in Vxworks without source code because the source code is
    > available for mozilla alone.
    >
    > All software packages are in EXE format; so that I couldn't build all
    > of the above packages in Vxworks 6.
    >
    > Then how I can build the packages in Vx Works-PID.
    >
    > Excepting your reply..
    >
    > Srinivasan.G

+ Reply to Thread