Sharing of Interrupts by Pci device problem - VxWorks

This is a discussion on Sharing of Interrupts by Pci device problem - VxWorks ; Hai, A serial card (PMC521) on a pentium 4 DPM board was installed recently. It was found that the serial card along with the two ethernet cards were sharing the same IRQ9IRQ 9). The interrupt was enabled after connecting to ...

  1. Sharing of Interrupts by Pci device problem

    Hai,
    A serial card (PMC521) on a pentium 4 DPM board was installed recently.
    It was found that the serial card along with the two ethernet cards
    were sharing the same IRQ9IRQ 9).
    The interrupt was enabled after connecting to the ISR routine for the
    PMC module by coding as follows

    pciIntConnect((VOIDFUNCPTR
    *)INUM_TO_IVEC(INT_NUM_IRQ0+0x09),myPciIsr,0)

    sysIntEnablePIC(0x09)

    The device was working in a loopback mode.The transmission of some free
    format messages were carried out.The interrupt was enabled for the read
    operation. After write operation when i call the test program where the
    above interrupt functions were written the shell hangs up and the
    target reboots.
    What is the actual problem?

  2. Re: Sharing of Interrupts by Pci device problem

    Add some logMgs to the ISR to see if it's repeatedly getting called.
    Verify you clearing the interrupt properly in the ISR.

    lc
    cdeepa15@gmail.com wrote:
    > Hai,
    > A serial card (PMC521) on a pentium 4 DPM board was installed recently.
    > It was found that the serial card along with the two ethernet cards
    > were sharing the same IRQ9IRQ 9).
    > The interrupt was enabled after connecting to the ISR routine for the
    > PMC module by coding as follows
    >
    > pciIntConnect((VOIDFUNCPTR
    > *)INUM_TO_IVEC(INT_NUM_IRQ0+0x09),myPciIsr,0)
    >
    > sysIntEnablePIC(0x09)
    >
    > The device was working in a loopback mode.The transmission of some free
    > format messages were carried out.The interrupt was enabled for the read
    > operation. After write operation when i call the test program where the
    > above interrupt functions were written the shell hangs up and the
    > target reboots.
    > What is the actual problem?

  3. Re: Sharing of Interrupts by Pci device problem

    Hai,
    Thank u for ur guidance. I will check according to that.
    Deepa C
    LarryC wrote:
    > Add some logMgs to the ISR to see if it's repeatedly getting called.
    > Verify you clearing the interrupt properly in the ISR.
    >
    > lc
    > cdeepa15@gmail.com wrote:
    > > Hai,
    > > A serial card (PMC521) on a pentium 4 DPM board was installed recently.
    > > It was found that the serial card along with the two ethernet cards
    > > were sharing the same IRQ9IRQ 9).
    > > The interrupt was enabled after connecting to the ISR routine for the
    > > PMC module by coding as follows
    > >
    > > pciIntConnect((VOIDFUNCPTR
    > > *)INUM_TO_IVEC(INT_NUM_IRQ0+0x09),myPciIsr,0)
    > >
    > > sysIntEnablePIC(0x09)
    > >
    > > The device was working in a loopback mode.The transmission of some free
    > > format messages were carried out.The interrupt was enabled for the read
    > > operation. After write operation when i call the test program where the
    > > above interrupt functions were written the shell hangs up and the
    > > target reboots.
    > > What is the actual problem?

+ Reply to Thread