Implementing IP-in-IP tunneling (RFC 1853) and GRE encapsulation (RFC 2784) in vxworks - VxWorks

This is a discussion on Implementing IP-in-IP tunneling (RFC 1853) and GRE encapsulation (RFC 2784) in vxworks - VxWorks ; Hi, We are using MPC8260 based system using vxowrks5.4/Tornado2.0.2 We have a project need to do IP in IP tunneling, basically encapsulate the IP header within another IP header as per RFC 1853/RFC2784. Do you have pointers of how I ...

  1. Implementing IP-in-IP tunneling (RFC 1853) and GRE encapsulation (RFC 2784) in vxworks

    Hi,

    We are using MPC8260 based system using vxowrks5.4/Tornado2.0.2

    We have a project need to do IP in IP tunneling, basically encapsulate
    the
    IP header within another IP header as per RFC 1853/RFC2784. Do you have
    pointers of how I can do that? and what is needed?
    I do not have access to vxworks networking stack code. I do have access
    to FCC END driver code.

    Thanks for any pointers.

    bhavesh

  2. Re: Implementing IP-in-IP tunneling (RFC 1853) and GRE encapsulation (RFC 2784) in vxworks

    you can use raw sockets.