Wind River compiler or GNU - VxWorks

This is a discussion on Wind River compiler or GNU - VxWorks ; I'm in the process of moving from Tornado/VxWorks 5.4 to WorkBench/VxWorks 6.2 and I was wondering if anyone had views on the relative merits of the two compilers. Or any "gotchas" to beware of. Thanks. -- Fenster...

  1. Wind River compiler or GNU

    --
    Fenster

  2. Re: Wind River compiler or GNU

    We use various versions of the WRS-provided GNU compilers (pre 3.x) ad
    also the newer compilers that we build ourselves. For C development,
    I'd use whatever is easiest and available; for C++ is worth using the
    newer compilers (3.x) that for 6.X or homebuilt.
    lc
    Fenster wrote:
    > I'm in the process of moving from Tornado/VxWorks 5.4 to
    > WorkBench/VxWorks 6.2 and I was wondering if anyone had views on the
    > relative merits of the two compilers.
    >
    > Or any "gotchas" to beware of.
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > --