anyone knows how to send a file from the host to the target via serial port - VxWorks

This is a discussion on anyone knows how to send a file from the host to the target via serial port - VxWorks ; hi, Cause the network driver still not work right, I have only the serial port to debug and communicate between host and target What work right are: /tffs0 : the flash device to store bootrom.bin & vxWorks. /tyCo0: I defined ...

  1. anyone knows how to send a file from the host to the target via serial port

    hi,

    Cause the network driver still not work right, I have only the serial
    port to debug and communicate between host and target

    What work right are:

    /tffs0 : the flash device to store bootrom.bin & vxWorks.
    /tyCo0:

    I defined

    #WDB_DEBUG_SERIAL

    using COM1 as a console
    and COM2 as a WDB_DEBUG channel

    and tgrsrv can connect the S3C44B0 target board.

    ===

    Look into the tsfsLoad()

    during the tsfsLoad() session, the target open a file named
    "/tgrsvr/vxWorks" then download and boot

    but

    after the system has booted, I run devs but no "/tgrsrv" was found.

    can anyone help me download the vxWorks file from the host to
    "/tffs0/vxWorks" via serial port?

    TIA.

    Kai

  2. Re: anyone knows how to send a file from the host to the target via serial port

    It might be easier to use dbgLib stuff using the shell directly over
    the serial line.

    Kai wrote:
    > hi,
    >
    > Cause the network driver still not work right, I have only the serial
    > port to debug and communicate between host and target
    >
    > What work right are:
    >
    > /tffs0 : the flash device to store bootrom.bin & vxWorks.
    > /tyCo0:
    >
    > I defined
    >
    > #WDB_DEBUG_SERIAL
    >
    > using COM1 as a console
    > and COM2 as a WDB_DEBUG channel
    >
    > and tgrsrv can connect the S3C44B0 target board.
    >
    > ===
    >
    > Look into the tsfsLoad()
    >
    > during the tsfsLoad() session, the target open a file named
    > "/tgrsvr/vxWorks" then download and boot
    >
    > but
    >
    > after the system has booted, I run devs but no "/tgrsrv" was found.
    >
    > can anyone help me download the vxWorks file from the host to
    > "/tffs0/vxWorks" via serial port?
    >
    > TIA.
    >
    > Kai

+ Reply to Thread