ISR vs signals - VxWorks

This is a discussion on ISR vs signals - VxWorks ; hi, what is the difference between ISR and signal handler? does VxWorks behave differently when performing ISR vs signal handler? thanx in advance, PSben...

  1. ISR vs signals

    hi,

    what is the difference between ISR and signal handler?
    does VxWorks behave differently when performing ISR vs signal handler?

    thanx in advance,
    PSben

  2. Re: ISR vs signals

    PSben wrote:
    > hi,
    >
    > what is the difference between ISR and signal handler?
    > does VxWorks behave differently when performing ISR vs signal handler?
    >
    > thanx in advance,
    > PSben

    Hi,
    This question is more generic irrespective of the OS you are using.
    ISRs are those which are closely coupled to hardware interrupts where
    as signals are software interrupts.I would recommend you to gothrough
    "A guide to 32 Bit embedded programming " by RICK GREHAN and Robert
    Moote to get clear explaination on the above.
    Regards,
    s.subbarayan

+ Reply to Thread