VxWorks developer vs. safety critical - VxWorks

This is a discussion on VxWorks developer vs. safety critical - VxWorks ; Hopefully someone here will have some advice: I have some source code written for a powerPC under the VxWorks developer package. Currently, all that I have access to is the "safety critical"- arinc package. How much hassle would it be ...

  1. VxWorks developer vs. safety critical

    Hopefully someone here will have some advice:

    I have some source code written for a powerPC under the VxWorks
    developer package. Currently, all that I have access to is the "safety
    critical"- arinc package.

    How much hassle would it be to move between these two packages (in
    general)? The code is not very complex, but I'm worried about the
    memory partitioning issue. Is there a way to make the "safety
    critical" package behave like the developer package?

    Thanks for any advice,

    Jim

  2. Re: VxWorks developer vs. safety critical

    Hi:

    I haven't used the ARINC package, but if you used the ARINC api, I'm
    pretty sure you'd only be able to build and run with that package.

    If you have used the the normal vxWorks 5.x type calls, you can run
    under any platform.

    I'm not familiar with the memory partitoning under ARINC style, but
    unless it's common with the vxWorks 6.x stuff, that may also prevent
    you from running.

    But converting to the posix or native calls shoud be pretty easy also,

    lc
    jamserve@aol.com wrote:
    > Hopefully someone here will have some advice:
    >
    > I have some source code written for a powerPC under the VxWorks
    > developer package. Currently, all that I have access to is the "safety
    > critical"- arinc package.
    >
    > How much hassle would it be to move between these two packages (in
    > general)? The code is not very complex, but I'm worried about the
    > memory partitioning issue. Is there a way to make the "safety
    > critical" package behave like the developer package?
    >
    > Thanks for any advice,
    >
    > Jim

+ Reply to Thread