giving absolute path name in fopen - VxWorks

This is a discussion on giving absolute path name in fopen - VxWorks ; Hi everyone, Specification : I am running Tornado 2.2 on VxWorks 5.5.1. Problem : I am trying to open a file by giving the absolute path name,but fopen is not able to open the file.Below is a snippet of my ...

  1. giving absolute path name in fopen

    Hi everyone,

    Specification : I am running Tornado 2.2 on VxWorks 5.5.1.
    Problem : I am trying to open a file by giving the absolute
    path name,but fopen is not able to open the file.Below is a snippet of
    my code
    fopen("C:\\abc.txt","r");

    Temporary Solution : Presently i am copying the file in the same
    directory where my vxworks.exe simulator is running and opening the
    file as below
    fopen("abx.txt","r");

    I am trying to figure out why the absolute path is not working.

    Thanks
    Shireesh

  2. Re: giving absolute path name in fopen

    Hi

    I assume you are running in the simulator environment.

    I think what you are looking for is the ability to set the root of the
    Target Server File System. This can be done when you create the target
    connection. In the dialog "Target Server Options, click "Advanced
    target server options > Edit", and set the root dir to c:/.

    You will still write only fopen("abc.txt", "r") - now, however, this
    will be on the root of C:

    Hope this is what you're looking for...

    Troels Jensen

    shireeshbhat@gmail.com skrev:

    > Hi everyone,
    >
    > Specification : I am running Tornado 2.2 on VxWorks 5.5.1.
    > Problem : I am trying to open a file by giving the absolute
    > path name,but fopen is not able to open the file.Below is a snippet of
    > my code
    > fopen("C:\\abc.txt","r");
    >
    > Temporary Solution : Presently i am copying the file in the same
    > directory where my vxworks.exe simulator is running and opening the
    > file as below
    > fopen("abx.txt","r");
    >
    > I am trying to figure out why the absolute path is not working.
    >
    > Thanks
    > Shireesh

  3. Re: giving absolute path name in fopen

    Hi Troels,

    Thanks for replying.
    Yeah,i am running on the simulator environment.
    I checked the target server options.The root dir is already set to c:\
    (and not c:/ as i am running the simulator on windows)
    So suppose i running a executable in some internal directory.And if the
    executable wants to open a file which is residing in some other
    directory.How does one go about it.

    Thanks
    Shireesh

    Troels Jensen wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > I assume you are running in the simulator environment.
    >
    > I think what you are looking for is the ability to set the root of the
    > Target Server File System. This can be done when you create the target
    > connection. In the dialog "Target Server Options, click "Advanced
    > target server options > Edit", and set the root dir to c:/.
    >
    > You will still write only fopen("abc.txt", "r") - now, however, this
    > will be on the root of C:
    >
    > Hope this is what you're looking for...
    >
    > Troels Jensen
    >
    > shireeshbhat@gmail.com skrev:
    >
    > > Hi everyone,
    > >
    > > Specification : I am running Tornado 2.2 on VxWorks 5.5.1.
    > > Problem : I am trying to open a file by giving the absolute
    > > path name,but fopen is not able to open the file.Below is a snippet of
    > > my code
    > > fopen("C:\\abc.txt","r");
    > >
    > > Temporary Solution : Presently i am copying the file in the same
    > > directory where my vxworks.exe simulator is running and opening the
    > > file as below
    > > fopen("abx.txt","r");
    > >
    > > I am trying to figure out why the absolute path is not working.
    > >
    > > Thanks
    > > Shireesh

  4. Re: giving absolute path name in fopen

    Hi again

    Did you try "/abc.txt" instead of just "abc.txt"?

    /Troels

    phoenix wrote:
    > Hi Troels,
    >
    > Thanks for replying.
    > Yeah,i am running on the simulator environment.
    > I checked the target server options.The root dir is already set to c:\
    > (and not c:/ as i am running the simulator on windows)
    > So suppose i running a executable in some internal directory.And if the
    > executable wants to open a file which is residing in some other
    > directory.How does one go about it.
    >
    > Thanks
    > Shireesh
    >
    > Troels Jensen wrote:
    > > Hi
    > >
    > > I assume you are running in the simulator environment.
    > >
    > > I think what you are looking for is the ability to set the root of the
    > > Target Server File System. This can be done when you create the target
    > > connection. In the dialog "Target Server Options, click "Advanced
    > > target server options > Edit", and set the root dir to c:/.
    > >
    > > You will still write only fopen("abc.txt", "r") - now, however, this
    > > will be on the root of C:
    > >
    > > Hope this is what you're looking for...
    > >
    > > Troels Jensen
    > >
    > > shireeshbhat@gmail.com skrev:
    > >
    > > > Hi everyone,
    > > >
    > > > Specification : I am running Tornado 2.2 on VxWorks 5.5.1.
    > > > Problem : I am trying to open a file by giving the absolute
    > > > path name,but fopen is not able to open the file.Below is a snippet of
    > > > my code
    > > > fopen("C:\\abc.txt","r");
    > > >
    > > > Temporary Solution : Presently i am copying the file in the same
    > > > directory where my vxworks.exe simulator is running and opening the
    > > > file as below
    > > > fopen("abx.txt","r");
    > > >
    > > > I am trying to figure out why the absolute path is not working.
    > > >
    > > > Thanks
    > > > Shireesh

+ Reply to Thread