how to use select? - VxWorks

This is a discussion on how to use select? - VxWorks ; Would any one please tell me how to use select to operate serial or pipe? I'm using select to operate seial in my program ,but after call select function,my serial send and receive task will pend and won't be activated ...

  1. how to use select?

    Would any one please tell me how to use select to operate serial or
    pipe? I'm using select to operate seial in my program ,but after call
    select function,my serial send and receive task will pend and won't be
    activated even if data arrived? why? Even if i used the demo program to
    test select in the pipe program,the same situation will appear. Thanks!

  2. Re: how to use select?

    You should read the examples again from the programmer's guide.
    Why does VxWorks need Pipe instead of message queue in some cases?
    One of the main purposes is to use SELECT.

    xiang_angel@hotmail.com wrote:
    > Would any one please tell me how to use select to operate serial or
    > pipe? I'm using select to operate seial in my program ,but after call
    > select function,my serial send and receive task will pend and won't be
    > activated even if data arrived? why? Even if i used the demo program to
    > test select in the pipe program,the same situation will appear. Thanks!

+ Reply to Thread