Need of MUX - VxWorks

This is a discussion on Need of MUX - VxWorks ; Hi, what is the need of mux ???? tell me please...

  1. Need of MUX

    Hi,

    what is the need of mux ????
    tell me please

  2. Re: Need of MUX

    On Jun 2, 2:29 am, vicky wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > what is the need of mux ????
    > tell me please

    It decouples the network stack (TCP/IP, and anything else you want to
    run at a protocol layer) from the physical drivers (ethernet, WAN, wet
    string, ...)

    It performs the same function as something like NDIS in the M$ world

    Jason

  3. Re: Need of MUX

    On Jun 5, 3:37 am, Jason wrote:
    > On Jun 2, 2:29 am, vicky wrote:
    >
    > > Hi,

    > > what is the need of mux ????
    > > tell me please

    > It decouples the network stack (TCP/IP, and anything else you want to
    > run at a protocol layer) from the physical drivers (ethernet, WAN, wet
    > string, ...)
    >
    > It performs the same function as something like NDIS in the M$ world
    >
    > Jason

    So Mr Jason

    It means that for a switch controllere where the type of packets
    (multicast packets) which are not automatically learned in ATU Table
    are learned by the programming interface and there the need of mux is
    arises. Is'nt this .... please tell.

  4. Re: Need of MUX

    at the beginning fo starting a new task or module,you could create a
    netpool for it, then all buffer the module used could get from it,i always
    do it like this,just a suggesion.

    --
    Message posted using http://www.talkaboutcomputing.com/gr...mp.os.vxworks/
    More information at http://www.talkaboutcomputing.com/faq.html

  5. Re: Need of MUX

    On Jun 9, 8:02*pm, "happyforest" wrote:
    > at the beginning fo starting a new task or module,you could create a
    > netpool for it, then all buffer the module used could get from it,i always
    > do it like this,just a suggesion.
    >
    > --
    > Message posted usinghttp://www.talkaboutcomputing.com/group/comp.os.vxworks/
    > More information athttp://www.talkaboutcomputing.com/faq.html

    is the working of muxbind is started , when the packet inside the
    switch is go to switch cpu for processing.

+ Reply to Thread