system is restarting in serial port isr - VxWorks

This is a discussion on system is restarting in serial port isr - VxWorks ; hi all, what would be wrong if the system restrts as soon control enters in to serial port isr thanx sai kumar reddy...

  1. system is restarting in serial port isr

    hi all,
    what would be wrong if the system restrts as soon control
    enters in to serial port isr

    thanx
    sai kumar reddy

  2. Re: system is restarting in serial port isr

    If you provide the crash info and also your ISR, it will be possible
    for people here to help you locate the reason...

    reddy.saikumar@gmail.com wrote:
    > hi all,
    > what would be wrong if the system restrts as soon control
    > enters in to serial port isr
    >
    > thanx
    > sai kumar reddy

  3. Re: system is restarting in serial port isr

    You may be locking out interrupts too long causing your HW watchdog to
    reset the board.

    lc
    jeanwelly wrote:
    > If you provide the crash info and also your ISR, it will be possible
    > for people here to help you locate the reason...
    >
    > reddy.saikumar@gmail.com wrote:
    > > hi all,
    > > what would be wrong if the system restrts as soon control
    > > enters in to serial port isr
    > >
    > > thanx
    > > sai kumar reddy

  4. Re: system is restarting in serial port isr

    Hi Larry,
    Who should be responsible for resetting the HW watchdog?

    LarryC wrote:
    > You may be locking out interrupts too long causing your HW watchdog to
    > reset the board.
    >
    > lc
    > jeanwelly wrote:
    > > If you provide the crash info and also your ISR, it will be possible
    > > for people here to help you locate the reason...
    > >
    > > reddy.saikumar@gmail.com wrote:
    > > > hi all,
    > > > what would be wrong if the system restrts as soon control
    > > > enters in to serial port isr
    > > >
    > > > thanx
    > > > sai kumar reddy

  5. Re: system is restarting in serial port isr

    If that's what the problem is (I'm guessing here), normally some task
    should run periodically to "pet" the HW wathdog register (assuming it's
    enabled). If you are locking out interrupts or tasks too long, then
    maybe the task is not running, and the HW watchdog goes off and resets
    the board.

    It may not be related to your issue - you may just be getting too many
    interrupts (ie not clearing them before exitting the ISR), causing a
    kernel panic and then resetting. Or maybe you've just got a bad ptr to
    something. Toughtto tell.

    Put a logMsg("Im here - 1",0,0,0,0,0,0);

    in your ISR at the beginning, middle, end, etc and see how far you are
    getting.

    Also, maybe the intconnect is wrong, so it's not even gettin to your
    code. The logMgs will make things clearer.

    lc

    jeanwelly wrote:
    > Hi Larry,
    > Who should be responsible for resetting the HW watchdog?
    >

    > LarryC wrote:
    > > You may be locking out interrupts too long causing your HW watchdog to
    > > reset the board.
    > >
    > > lc
    > > jeanwelly wrote:
    > > > If you provide the crash info and also your ISR, it will be possible
    > > > for people here to help you locate the reason...

+ Reply to Thread