Class & Object management in VxWorks - VxWorks

This is a discussion on Class & Object management in VxWorks - VxWorks ; As you know, VxWorks use class & object to manage the kernel services... Also there are several queues related to them... I read some codes on that part, but still not quite clear of the schema of management. Are there ...

  1. Class & Object management in VxWorks

    As you know, VxWorks use class & object to manage the kernel
    services... Also there are several queues related to them...

    I read some codes on that part, but still not quite clear of the schema
    of management. Are there any documents/links could give me more
    informations?

    Thanks in advance!

    ---
    Jeanwelly

  2. Re: Class & Object management in VxWorks

    Not sure if anyone provides documentation on the kernel objects and how
    they are managed. You could get an enterprise license and then they'd
    give you the source for everything along with an NDA to sign.

    lc

    jeanwelly wrote:
    > As you know, VxWorks use class & object to manage the kernel
    > services... Also there are several queues related to them...
    >
    > I read some codes on that part, but still not quite clear of the schema
    > of management. Are there any documents/links could give me more
    > informations?
    >
    > Thanks in advance!
    >
    > ---
    > Jeanwelly

  3. Re: Class & Object management in VxWorks

    On 22 Jun 2006, jeanwelly@gmail.com wrote:
    > As you know, VxWorks use class & object to manage the kernel
    > services... Also there are several queues related to them...

    > I read some codes on that part, but still not quite clear of the
    > schema of management. Are there any documents/links could give me
    > more informations?

    I think you are looking at ClassP.h or something like that. Or maybe
    it is /h/private/class.h. I think that they are just headers with
    links and a name. You can look at the headers in the include library.
    You can also look at the TCL code and how they traverse lists.

    I did this and grokked what was going on. I think there is a classLib
    as well? It had some documentation.

    I think that the classLib relies on the VXWList type functions. I
    seem to recall that these were coded in assembler for looking at
    object files.

    fwiw,
    Bill Pringlemeir.

    --
    You know that look women get when they want sex? Me neither. - Drew
    Carey

    vxWorks FAQ, "http://www.xs4all.nl/~borkhuis/vxworks/vxworks.html"

  4. Re: Class & Object management in VxWorks

    Bill Pringlemeir wrote:
    > On 22 Jun 2006, jeanwelly@gmail.com wrote:
    > > As you know, VxWorks use class & object to manage the kernel
    > > services... Also there are several queues related to them...

    > > I read some codes on that part, but still not quite clear of the
    > > schema of management. Are there any documents/links could give me
    > > more informations?

    > I think you are looking at ClassP.h or something like that. Or maybe
    > it is /h/private/class.h. I think that they are just headers with
    > links and a name. You can look at the headers in the include library.
    > You can also look at the TCL code and how they traverse lists.

    [Jeanwelly]:I am looking at the classLib.c, not so clear of it...
    Also the qLib.c, qFifoLib.c, qPriListLib.c...

    > I did this and grokked what was going on. I think there is a classLib
    > as well? It had some documentation.

    [Jeanwelly]: Really appreciate you if could share the docs to
    jeanwelly@gmail.com...

    > I think that the classLib relies on the VXWList type functions. I
    > seem to recall that these were coded in assembler for looking at
    > object files.

    [Jeanwelly]: I think it's the qxxxLib.c listed above...

    > fwiw,
    > Bill Pringlemeir.
    >
    > --
    > You know that look women get when they want sex? Me neither. - Drew
    > Carey
    >
    > vxWorks FAQ, "http://www.xs4all.nl/~borkhuis/vxworks/vxworks.html"

+ Reply to Thread