selcting right serial driver - VxWorks

This is a discussion on selcting right serial driver - VxWorks ; Hi all, If I am correct in ursroot() serial port driver is initilized by calling tyCoDrv() and as many serial ports are there that many serial devices are created by tyCoDevCreate(...) But in the folder \Tornado\target\src\drv\serial\ there are many files ...

  1. selcting right serial driver

    Hi all,
    If I am correct in ursroot() serial port driver is initilized
    by calling
    tyCoDrv() and as many serial ports are there that many serial devices
    are
    created by tyCoDevCreate(...)
    But in the folder \Tornado\target\src\drv\serial\ there are many files

    each coresponding one serial device ... in which tyCoDrv() is defined
    in all the files
    coresponding to the device , while linking how come linker comes to
    know about which
    serial port i am using( i am using 16550 uart).

    If I want to write my own driver for serial port what are the things i
    have to
    do before calling mytyCoDrv() because already a driver for serial port
    will be instled in
    usrroot() and a device is created linking that driver.

    regards
    sai kumar

  2. Re: selcting right serial driver

    You are corrent. All the serial port drivers have the same std entry
    points to install the driver and create devices.

    I don't think you want to add "another" serial port device - you just
    want to use/hack ns16550serial.c. Keep the same entry points in your
    driver as the standard ones, and usrRoot willl call your tyCoDrv entry
    points.

    Include your file in the project and you should be good or put in in
    your make file directly.

    lc

    reddy.saikumar@gmail.com wrote:
    > Hi all,
    > If I am correct in ursroot() serial port driver is initilized
    > by calling
    > tyCoDrv() and as many serial ports are there that many serial devices
    > are
    > created by tyCoDevCreate(...)
    > But in the folder \Tornado\target\src\drv\serial\ there are many files
    >
    > each coresponding one serial device ... in which tyCoDrv() is defined
    > in all the files
    > coresponding to the device , while linking how come linker comes to
    > know about which
    > serial port i am using( i am using 16550 uart).
    >
    > If I want to write my own driver for serial port what are the things i
    > have to
    > do before calling mytyCoDrv() because already a driver for serial port
    > will be instled in
    > usrroot() and a device is created linking that driver.
    >

    > regards
    > sai kumar

+ Reply to Thread