ld error for prjObjs.lst when linux cross-compiling - VxWorks

This is a discussion on ld error for prjObjs.lst when linux cross-compiling - VxWorks ; I'm trying to build a gcc cross-compiler for vxWorks under linux, following the instructions at http://chard.tuc.noao.edu/mpg/vxwork...HostingVx.html I successfully built the binutils and gcc 2.95 on my Redhat 9 box as per the instructions. I found TornadoSh (from jWrap) to act ...

  1. ld error for prjObjs.lst when linux cross-compiling

    I'm trying to build a gcc cross-compiler for vxWorks under linux,
    following the instructions at

    http://chard.tuc.noao.edu/mpg/vxwork...HostingVx.html

    I successfully built the binutils and gcc 2.95 on my Redhat 9 box as
    per the instructions. I found TornadoSh (from jWrap) to act as the
    wtxtcl, but I'm having a problem at the link step:

    rm -f "" prjObjs.lst
    Generating prjObjs.lst...
    ccppc -g -mcpu=604 -mstrict-align -ansi -fno-builtin -I.
    -I/Tornado2.2/target/config/mcp750 -I/Tornado2.2/target/h
    -I/Tornado2.2/target/h/wrn/coreip -I/Tornado2.2/target/config/comps/src
    -I/Tornado2.2/target/src/drv -DCPU=PPC604 -DTOOL_FAMILY=gnu -DTOOL=gnu
    -DPRJ_BUILD -D_WRS_KERNEL -DMCP750 -c
    /Tornado2.2/target/config/comps/src/version.c
    ccppc -r -nostdlib -Wl,-X -Wl,@./prjObjs.lst \
    version.o -Wl,--start-group \
    -L/Tornado2.2/target/lib/ppc/PPC604/gnu
    -L/Tornado2.2/target/lib/ppc/PPC604/common -lcplus -lgnucplus
    -lvxcom -l1394lla -l1394tools -larch -lcommoncc -ldcc -ldrv
    -lgcc -lnet -los -lrpc -ltffs -lvxfusion -lvxmp -lwdb -lwind
    -lwindview /Tornado2.2/target/lib/libPPC604gnuvx.a -Wl,--end-group -o
    partialImage.o
    /Tornado2.2/host/linux/powerpc-wrs-vxworks/bin/ld: cannot open
    @./prjObjs.lst: No such file or directory.

    The @ in front of ./prjObjs.list comes from

    OPTION_INDIRECT_FILE = @

    in defs.gnu. If I remove the @, though, ld complains that it doesn't
    recognized prjObjs.lst's format (just lines of *.o files).

    Admittedly, I'm using the Makefile generated by Tornado on my windows
    box (I'm not yet savvy enough to whip up my own), but this @ thing
    seems bizarre. Why would the gcc under Tornado be fine with it, but
    the gcc on linux have an issue? And how do I fix it?

    Thanks

    Matt

  2. Re: ld error for prjObjs.lst when linux cross-compiling

    Matthew Clark wrote:
    > I'm trying to build a gcc cross-compiler for vxWorks under linux,
    > following the instructions at
    >
    > http://chard.tuc.noao.edu/mpg/vxwork...HostingVx.html
    >
    > I successfully built the binutils and gcc 2.95 on my Redhat 9 box as
    > per the instructions. I found TornadoSh (from jWrap) to act as the
    > wtxtcl, but I'm having a problem at the link step:
    >
    > rm -f "" prjObjs.lst
    > Generating prjObjs.lst...
    > ccppc -g -mcpu=604 -mstrict-align -ansi -fno-builtin -I.
    > -I/Tornado2.2/target/config/mcp750 -I/Tornado2.2/target/h
    > -I/Tornado2.2/target/h/wrn/coreip -I/Tornado2.2/target/config/comps/src
    > -I/Tornado2.2/target/src/drv -DCPU=PPC604 -DTOOL_FAMILY=gnu -DTOOL=gnu
    > -DPRJ_BUILD -D_WRS_KERNEL -DMCP750 -c
    > /Tornado2.2/target/config/comps/src/version.c
    > ccppc -r -nostdlib -Wl,-X -Wl,@./prjObjs.lst \
    > version.o -Wl,--start-group \
    > -L/Tornado2.2/target/lib/ppc/PPC604/gnu
    > -L/Tornado2.2/target/lib/ppc/PPC604/common -lcplus -lgnucplus
    > -lvxcom -l1394lla -l1394tools -larch -lcommoncc -ldcc -ldrv
    > -lgcc -lnet -los -lrpc -ltffs -lvxfusion -lvxmp -lwdb -lwind
    > -lwindview /Tornado2.2/target/lib/libPPC604gnuvx.a -Wl,--end-group -o
    > partialImage.o
    > /Tornado2.2/host/linux/powerpc-wrs-vxworks/bin/ld: cannot open
    > @./prjObjs.lst: No such file or directory.
    >
    > The @ in front of ./prjObjs.list comes from
    >
    > OPTION_INDIRECT_FILE = @
    >
    > in defs.gnu. If I remove the @, though, ld complains that it doesn't
    > recognized prjObjs.lst's format (just lines of *.o files).
    >
    > Admittedly, I'm using the Makefile generated by Tornado on my windows
    > box (I'm not yet savvy enough to whip up my own), but this @ thing
    > seems bizarre. Why would the gcc under Tornado be fine with it, but
    > the gcc on linux have an issue? And how do I fix it?

    I believe it's a feature implemented in the Wind River linker. I've
    used that command line with the current Tornado 2.2 PPC cumulative
    patch, if I recall correctly. So, I'd download the Wind River binutils
    sources from the Online Support web site and build them for Linux.

    > Thanks
    >
    > Matt

  3. Re: ld error for prjObjs.lst when linux cross-compiling

    Bill Cox wrote:
    > I believe it's a feature implemented in the Wind River linker. I've
    > used that command line with the current Tornado 2.2 PPC cumulative
    > patch, if I recall correctly. So, I'd download the Wind River binutils
    > sources from the Online Support web site and build them for Linux.

    I found a source tarball for gcc/ppc

    powerpc-wrs-vxworks.ppc-src.tor2_2-gnu.cp1.2006Mar09.tgz

    Extracted and built it with the suggested "make -f makefile1 ppc" (at
    least, I think I did)

    I created a vxmake script to handle all the relavent environment
    variables and a Tornado Makefile will build, but at every source
    compile, I get:

    tried to exec get_feature but failed (No such file or
    directory)

    Have you any idea what this is, or if I should worry?

    Thanks,

    Matt

+ Reply to Thread